CMDR Avon Sakker

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Avon Sakker
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Avon Sakker
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

CMDR Avon Sakker

Postby Avon Sakker » Fri May 31, 2019 11:18 am

Greetings,

CMDR Avon Sakker logging in.

I have visited the Elite universe before .... but that was way, way back in the now long forgotten times of the Amiga1200!
So I'm a total newbie to ED and only been on the game for a few days in solo play, just getting used to the universe and mostly tweaking my HOTAS / TrackIR bindings. I'm all set up to fly in the Mobius group (EU) but not actually visited yet, that will change in a few days when I'm back home. I understand the group rules and I'm here because they suit the way I want to play.

I'm currently based in Michelson Port, Ehecatl whilst I run a few missions to get some Cr in the bank and try out a few different builds in my Cobra MkIII.
Current rankings are:
> Combat: Harmless
> Trade: Merchant
> Exploration: Mostly Aimless (story of my life!)

......So not really a threat to anybody :lol: Let alone the NPC Diamondback Scout 'Expert' who was responsible for my first death a day or two ago! I didn't even have any cargo. Niall Nines, we will meet again!

===========================================

And finally a note of thanks to the Admins:

When I registered here I used my name rather than my CMDR name, so I asked the Admins if they could change it.
They very kindly and very quickly changed it as requested ....... only for me to find out that some random combination of lack of sleep, lack of coffee and maybe a dash of autocorrect meant I'd managed to spell my CMDR name wrong. :(
So name change request #2 went in and yet again the Admins came through in style!
Thank you!

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: CMDR Avon Sakker

Postby JohnLuke » Fri May 31, 2019 10:00 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Avon Sakker. What HOTAS are you running?

Those admins are a pretty amazing team of guys. Thanks for recognizing their hard work! :D

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Avon Sakker
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Avon Sakker

Postby Avon Sakker » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:41 am

Thanks.....

JohnLuke wrote:Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Avon Sakker. What HOTAS are you running?

Only a T-Flight Hotas X a the moment - just waiting for a suitable time for it to break!
It was bought as a present by my wife who knew I was planning to get a 'Thrustmaster' joystick & throttle.
Really nice of her but it wasn't the T.16000 I was planning on.

Still I'm sure the short cable on the X will get snagged at some point breaking the whole thing! :evil:

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:40 pm

LOL! Glad to see that you're starting out with a HOTAS. It'd be horrible if something were to happen to it. :o

I hear that they offer very reasonably priced upgrades at the store. :D
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:38 am

Welcome Commander Avon Sakker, hope to meet you in the Black one day !
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Return to “Introductions”