Apps, websites, tools and helpers for Elite: Dangerous
CSharpDude
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Karl Mannheim
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Touch Panel Interface

Postby CSharpDude » Thu May 23, 2019 2:35 am

I use Voice Attack for voice control with ED. I have 3 HCS voicepacks installed along with EDDI and 99% of the time it works great! But every once in a while, usually in the heat of combat, the speech engine locks up :x I've become so dependent on Astra, Eden and now Celeste that I fumble trying to find the proper keys (if they aren't bound to my X-52 HOTAS).

So I decided to create a task-oriented touch screen interface. I found an old copy of Touch Buddy (http://allaboutorc.net/down/tb.zip), which is apparently no longer supported. I decided to use that software so I could run the client on my Surface tablet which runs Windows 10. I tested the first screen today and it works really well! I plan on creating additional screens each built around a task: combat, exploration, mining, surface operations, etc. Here's a shot of what I have so far:

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Touch Panel Interface

Postby uvelius » Thu May 23, 2019 10:16 am

Great, please keep us informed how it goes!
I was planning to do a real-buttons panel but use something like that for the time being. There is an elite-specific touch screen app around (nice orange-style design), I think I posted in the main forums about that. Not tested it yet, though.

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Sat May 25, 2019 5:14 am

Great idea indeed OP! Keep us informed.
Quite hatefull when the speech engine decides to hang up in mid combat... myself I still have most of my buttons programmed on my dual joystick to counter that.
I tested another touchscreen app on my iPad sometime ago ,but that one kinda had some glitches not always sending the commands also so I gave up on it... forgot the name though.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat May 25, 2019 8:51 am

Hah.....

I must have put that link up somewhere......

I'd forgotten that was on my site.....

Nice to see someone using it.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

CSharpDude
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Karl Mannheim

Postby CSharpDude » Wed May 29, 2019 10:33 pm

Thanks for the link Cmdr Kharma! It's working quite well. My Samsung Tab was stolen so I wanted to use the Surface but there aren't many apps available like this for it.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri May 31, 2019 8:50 pm

No there isn't.....

I downloaded that a while ago....Like years.....

It was used quite a bit in DCS.......Looked handy......So I downloaded it......

Never really used it........Just tinkered.....

Then it sorta disappeared.....So I uploaded it to my site for download as I thought it might be useful for others.......

Nice to see someone making use of it and a nice screen.......

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “Tools and Helpers”