CMDR SnarkyJay

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
SnarkyJay
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SnarkyJay
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

CMDR SnarkyJay

Postby SnarkyJay » Tue May 28, 2019 7:17 pm

Hey everyone! Picked up Elite Dangerous for PC less than a week ago, so I'm new. I haven't gotten the OK in game to join yet, but I wanted to say hello anyway, as well as thank this group for existing! I still have a ton to learn about the game, but I'm having a blast already! I've done a little PVE combat, but I mostly spend my time exploring and running courier missions. I hope to get more into combat as my piloting skills get better! Anyway, I'm really looking forward to playing with everybody! I often play at off times (like at 3AM) because of my kids, but hopefully there are some other night owls in the group! See you all in game soon!

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: CMDR SnarkyJay

Postby JohnLuke » Tue May 28, 2019 9:58 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander SnarkJay.

I game in the wee hours of the morning too, due to my work schedule. What time zone are you in?

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

SnarkyJay
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SnarkyJay

Postby SnarkyJay » Tue May 28, 2019 10:52 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll be sure to check out the Discord server! I'm in the Eastern Time Zone, but I have 2 soon to be 3 kids (due this week!), so I'm usually gaming around 2am to 6am. I also game other times of day when my wife is watching the kids, but that time is often interrupted, which the middle of the night hours are not, so I tend to run courier missions / trade during the day, and keep the more attention intensive stuff for the middle of the night. Anyway, thanks again! Hope to see you in game some time!

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Wed May 29, 2019 5:10 pm

Welcome Commander SnarkyJay.
Hope to meet you in the Black one day.

And congratulations on the third kid coming along soon ;)
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Return to “Introductions”