Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
MikelGTC
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MikelGTC81
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Anybody playing in MOBIUSPVE-3 on PS4?

Postby MikelGTC » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:58 am

Ok, So I'm in Mobius now for about 1.5 month and have yet to encounter a single Commander out there :( Playing quite frequently lately, nobody in Shinrarta or at any of the engineers, nowhere. It might be due to the fact that this group in yet very small compared to rest.

Soo question now that was probably asked many times - are there any chances to be moved to previous groups, as right it is pretty much solo play on PS4 :(

lafzy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: lafzy
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Anybody playing in MOBIUSPVE-3 on PS4?

Postby lafzy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:10 am

Ive noticed the same thing. I play on PS4 and its very quiet. Then again, that may have something to do with the DW2 expedition, i think there were a couple of thousand players signed up for it.

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Saberius » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:23 am

Also bear in mind, the member limit of the console groups is some random number between 700-1000.
Now.. that compared to the half trillion stars in the Milky Way...
You may not see another player for while, but your odds are increased a little at community goals and other common events.

The odds of you meeting another player who was also a ganker.. almost 0%

That being said, the other 2 groups are full, because of the PS4 and Xbox group member limitation, which is why we're up to #3 so quickly.
Unlike the PC groups limit of 20000. We were hoping that PC limit was also the same on the consoles. Sadly, not so.

All I can do is suggest to add as many in-game/console friends as possible by PSN, and they may show up on your GalMap.
viewtopic.php?t=7889

... or wait until #3 fills more... or, dare I even mention it.. Get a PC rig..
and NO, not because of PC Master race crap.. simply because there are more players on PC playing E:D.

PS: if anyone wants to puts up PCMR comments here in a troll response to a fair question,
I will either delete it or timeout your forum account for being an asshat,
it's a 50/50 chance depending on how I feel or how stupid the comment was.

MikelGTC
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MikelGTC81

Postby MikelGTC » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:55 am

Yes, DW2 might have some impact probably, well aware of group limitations on PS4 it is just even having that in mind there was usualy someone in those most popular "hubs" like Shinrarta, CG or engineers, yet I have nobody in contacts list since the time I've played in open.

Oh well no solution other than waiting I guess, was dedicated PC player for years but gave up PC gaming since didn't had a good spot to have a stationary PC at new place and was mostly playing on more gaming-focused laptops but that is definitely much more expensive and upgrade possibilites are very limited, not a fan of replacing my laptop every 2-3 years or so for 1.8-2k euro at least :)

Taranava
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Taranava
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Taranava » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:37 am

I do the group adds for PS4 and there is usually always people in group or in the squadron even in the new PVE-3 group which has at current roughly 220 players.

If you are looking to bump into random CMDRs it’s not likely going to happen due to the small caps on console PG. Join the squadron and add Mobius CMDRs as friends and wing up when you see them online. I do this on both console accounts as well as my PC account and I never have a night online where someone isn’t chatting me up or I’m not in a wing.

Paranoidrodent
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: paranoidrodent

Postby Paranoidrodent » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:55 am

I frequently play in MobiusPVE-3. I'm usually in Imperial space out near Zemina Torval's capital system (my squadron's minor faction happens to control systems nearby).

Rambo_Ferreira
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Rambo_Ferreira

Postby Rambo_Ferreira » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:02 pm

I'm currently in the Deciat system grinding FSD engineering missions for Felicity Farseer...

Sir diesalot
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: T-y-r

Postby Sir diesalot » Sat May 04, 2019 9:44 am

I’m on most evenings for 2-3 hours (uk time) I’ve based myself in cardea and I’m currently mission running to reduce the outbreak status. Feel free to add me my psn is T-Y-R happy to wing up!

Oh and my combat rank is currently expert by the way not harmless!

Cypher-Shryke
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Cypher-Shryke

Postby Cypher-Shryke » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:08 pm

I have only just requested to join MobiusPvE in the last day or so but if anybody wants to send me a friend request then feel free to do so. My psn tag is Cypher-Shryke, same as my username. Currently on the way back to Colonia after some exploring but based in the Shinrarta Dehzra system.

geoff64reed
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: geoff64reed

Postby geoff64reed » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:53 pm

I tried adding mikelGTC81 as a friend and message but there settings are blocking me from adding him

Return to “General Discussion”