Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
redthorne
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: NAme411
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby redthorne » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:49 pm

Greetings, CMDRs!

I am CMDR NAME411, but you can also call me Redthorne. I hail from the US East Coast, and am a returning ED player. My preferred platform is the Xbox. I've played since the Xbox release, but as with any game I take a month or two off from time to time to play something else. Or I go over to the gaming PC.

My playstyle is probably about 80% mapping, flying around, and the occasional trading. Occasionally I will pop in to shoot some NPCs, but I rarely play in open because frankly all I've ever had is encounters with gankers. Granted, my 'fat little ship' looks like just an plain ol' exploration ship, but she sure can put up the pew pews when she needs to ;)

I recently just 'got back in' to playing after about 2-3 months off, and I decided to tailgate the DW2 folks. Currently just about to Colonia before I turn back towards SagA/Anchorage. I am enjoying all the discoveries on my first real long-distance mapping quest. I've never been more than 1,000 ly from bubble space. Don't let that fool you, however, I am definitely an experienced mapper ;)

This is going to sound weird, but I actually have never winged up with anyone, and have no idea what's up with squadrons and the like (I did dabble with Exo back in the day), but man....it is getting lonely out in space...

I'll hop on over to the respective Xbox thread and throw my gamer tag in there.

Oh, also, Aisling all the way (who should be the true Empress!), but I'm not a hardcore PPlayer and obviously am not doing any powerplay atm out in the middle of nowhere.

Mr. Ius
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mr. Ius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Mr. Ius » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:17 pm

Hi!
I'm Marius, and I live in the sub-arctic of northern Norway with my dog Aurora.
I have about 1500 hrs in game, and are finally finding my sealegs (spacelegs?).
Have played some ED, but did not really pick it up until I read about DW2. Due to complications, I'm still in the bubble, but hope to catch up before It's too late.
Usually logged in, even if AFK. I'm an idiot when it comes to social media, so contact me in game if you want to chat ;)

o7

AntiSkill.EU-DE
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: AntiSkill.EU-DE

Postby AntiSkill.EU-DE » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:51 pm

Greetings!

I am CMDR AntiSkill.EU-DE (I did not know you can't change username here when I created it). I am 35 years old, and I play casually, most of the days, mostly exploring and engineering my ship collection.

I don't play in the open because I don't want to fly in Corvette all the time just to be on fair terms with griefers, especially given that the game has totally broken crime system that does not discourage griefing. I find the option to play in pseudo-open quite interesting and want to have chance to meet someone that can provide meaningful interactions in the ED universe.

I grinded for both Clipper and Corvette but I have never tried the powerplay, somehow I don't feel urged to commit.

plasmaflare34
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: William Brannigan

Postby plasmaflare34 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:12 am

Plasmaflare34 for Xbone here. Or Cmdr William Brannigan on PC. Hate griefers, love exploration and shared worlds. Love the krait phantom, and am usually mining. Join up if you see me on xbone. I'm always omin the Pvt on PC.

CMDR That Guy 1726
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CMDR That Guy 1726

Postby CMDR That Guy 1726 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:39 am

My name is same as my name here

Live in Johannesburg in South Africa

I chose to PvE because i want the option and i want to be a friendly guy

Fly the Anaconda

Nekozji
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Nekozji

Postby Nekozji » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:11 pm

CMDR Nekozji giving a wave.

Recently picked up Elite for the first time having been one of the original kickstarters and then utterly failed to get involved since :) Enjoying myself, but the galaxy feels very empty without anyone else in it, and don't fancy Open because I'm never going to be the one starting a fight x)

Had all of... 70 hours in game right now, so still bumbling around establishing a cash supply. Currently carrying evacuees out of Empire-aligned damaged stations. Just this morning reached Baron without every having shot at another ship (got blown up by a couple of ambushes though), and fancying a Clipper when funds permit.

Tandin
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Tandin Black

Postby Tandin » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:38 am

CMDR Tandin Black

Live north of Seattle, Washington, US.

Full time aerospace engineer in real life. Play on PC

absolutenot
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: absolutenot

Postby absolutenot » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:46 pm

CMDR Absolutenot -

Play on PC -- live in Middle Tennessee. Currently slowly working on an anti-Thargoid Cutter build. IRL I'm a software developer for a trucking company.

I stick to PVE because I really don't like the idea of getting ganked -- and PVP isn't really my playstyle.

RueSong
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ruesong
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby RueSong » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:03 pm

CMDR Ruesong on Xbox here o7

I've been playing Elite Dangerous on a small private group with my boyfriend and a few mutual friends, but few of them play the game much any more. I decided to branch out from the smaller private group, but I was scared of open since I am terrible at PvP and poorly equipped to be anywhere near Sol with potential griefers. I kept hearing about Mobius on the ED subreddit and finally decided to sign up about a week ago.

Safe travels, fellow CMDRs!

Ricardo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ratceaser

Postby Ricardo » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:03 pm

Greetings fellow cmdr's o7

I am Cmdr Ratceaser.
I play PC and I am returning to the game after an absence of a few months. Prior to my vacation from the helm I made my credits through trade and started dabbling in exploration after venturing to Colonia.

I played Solo but found that empty (obviously) so I joined a small private group which is great for expeditions and I've also played open which at times can be exciting but equally can be frustrating.

As I no longer need the credits I am about to embark on a trade ship build for open. Speed and shield will be the key, the idea? To annoy the gankers.

Other than that I am wanting to explore more and find out more about lore. Which is mainly why I joined this group so as I can do so free from the ganks.

Return to “Introductions”