Anyway to make more than 80 mil an hour?

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
RC51Player
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: TheRC51Player2
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Re: Anyway to make more than 80 mil an hour?

Postby RC51Player » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:20 pm

I use EDDB and find find a station paying for void opals. They go for 1.6 to 1.7 miles a ton. Then search for a nearby pristine ice ring. Take out my python and +/- 2 hours later with the cargo holds full sell my goods for a little over 350 mil. A quick and easy way to buy that corvette and or clipper that most have wanted since they started playing.

Don't have the rank for Those? Well that poly takes a couple hours to get both.

RC51Player
Harmless
Harmless

Postby RC51Player » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Now where is the edit Button? Sorry for the errors. It's mil not miles and only not whatever it says near the end. Lol.
o7

gordonthree
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: GORDONTHREE
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby gordonthree » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Once you make a few billion off mining, the spawn rate for valuable cores really drops. My last run took approximately 12hrs to collect a measly 80t of opals working several pristine hotspots. Compare that to mid January where i could collect 500t in under 8 hrs.

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:56 pm

Could just be RNGesus cursing you.

I was out mining with just 64 tons cargo rack yesterday. Filled it with opals in just about an hour for 105 mil. It was my first time in an opal hotspot but it seems hotspots only have a slight increase in opal spawning chances. Out of 5 asteroids i had 3 opals, 1 grandidierite and 2 bromellite.

I noticed in rings without hotspots there's often like localised hotspots. If you find an opal asteroid (or any other ore) the closest asteroids are often the same ore too, so it's not rare to mine 2 or 3 asteroids in a row with the same minerals if you dont wander too far from the first.

RC51Player
Harmless
Harmless

Postby RC51Player » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:57 pm

Yeah, I just tested after reading these. 2hrs 15min. 184t VO, 8t Low Temperature diamond from the mining Lazer collecting mats while the limpits are doing their thing. A little over 307m after cashing in.

They did change the spawn rate when they made it so you could core rocks not just ice. I changed by tactics to flying full speed with cargo hatch closed so I cover more area and I ignored all except VO.

RC51Player
Harmless
Harmless

Postby RC51Player » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:52 am

I just tried a different system and had way different results. I had been to LHS 2552 6 A earlier. But here is from Nebtete A 11 A just now. Spent over 2 hours here and received my worst results ever.
22 core asteroids.
7 Bromellite
5 VO
4 Grandidierite and
3 LTD and Alexandrite each.

Now that is a huge difference from my trip earlier. I'm not sure if it's the type of ring (thick vrs thin or cloudy vrs clear). The age that the ring has been pristine? But I can say I will NOT be heading back to this system.

I would suggest if you are finding yourself with results like this you just find a new system. There are a ton of them.

Fly safe o7

Norwin Palmer
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Norwin Palmer

Postby Norwin Palmer » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:45 am

I did try laser mining in a double overlapping Painite hotspot (several more have been found), I guess the adopted nomenclature is Painite2 for that. I mined 200 ton in 75 minutes and sold for 570K cr/ton or 114M credits.

I didn't measure round trip travel to market and back because I wasn't going back but my guess would be close to 2 hours total if I had. If I had been willing to travel 160Ly I could have sold for 789K cr/ton but I think that round trip might take longer than the mining.

Making more money doesn't make laser mining more fun (unless you already like laser mining anyway) and it turned out to be a lot harder than I though. When I looked into how they were making 100 to 200/hr they are using highly specialized ships engineered out the wazoo and with Guardian modules I have not unlocked. They have more jump range on their miners than I have on my DBX and have engineered power distributors that can power 6 mining lasers to deplete an asteroid in seconds.

So in my opinion deep core mining is still the king of cash for now, it is fun, easier to get started both in capitol investment and ship requirements, no engineering is involved for the tools, and finding good places to mine is easier. The down sides are there is a learning curve to spotting core asteroids and the result is more like gambling as it could be jackpot or bust, but I enjoy a little gambling sometimes too.

CSharpDude
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Karl Mannheim

Postby CSharpDude » Wed May 22, 2019 1:00 pm

I've been successful with the Painite overlapping hotspot mining, getting about 270k in 2 hours. I haven't been able to get that much per hour with Deep Core mining. I'm using a Type 9 that is not engineered except for FSD range. Having a lot of collector drones is the key for me. They gather up the ore as fast as I can mine it.

Is this boring? Maybe. Whether it's deep core mining or mining overlapping painite hotspots, I crank up the music and chill.

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Wed May 22, 2019 3:55 pm

270k ? typo?

CSharpDude
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Karl Mannheim

Postby CSharpDude » Fri May 24, 2019 7:36 pm

Yes, typo. 270M. Also, I checked my logs and it was just under 3 hours, not 2. Sorry for the mistake.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”