Currently I have Master combat rank and I desperately need Dangerous as soon as possible. Most people said best way to rank up fast is killing Thargoid Scouts, so that's what I'm currently digging in. Tried various activities, like NHSS 4 and 5. First spawns too few Scouts, and second is very inconsistent, it gives big number of Scouts pretty rarely on my experience and scanning+flying to signals wastes a lot of time. So I tried AX CZs. It appears a lot better than anything I previously tried. Scouts come in big numbers and waves. So, what I'm doing right now is farming as much Scouts as I can, keeping distance from Interceptors, trying not to piss them off too much in the process, and bailing out when things get too hot.
Few things I'm curious about:
- What kind of Interceptors spawn in AX CZs usually? Once, when I tried to take it out, we fought pretty long time, and after killing it's second or third heart, it launched some kind of massive projectile attack that instantly annihilated me with full shields and about 40% hull. I don't think I could read it and dodge in time.
- Guess best weapon against swarm is still Flak Launcher? But damn it's hard to nail those things... If there are any other means to deal with Swarm, I'd be glad to know. Otherwise, if you could share some tricks on how to aim Flak better, I'd be very grateful.
- Is there any point fighting Interceptors? Is it technically possible to solo 2 or more of them at once? How hard is that?
- Do I lose anything when I leave AX CZ? What do I get for winning? Any point in trying if I only need rank?
- Would it be a good idea to ditch shields entirely and go full hull tank against Goids? Because too many attacks seem to be going through shield thus far...
If there are better ways to find big number of Scouts or other ways to rank up quicker, I'd really like to know.
"Friendship Drive Charging" COVAS