Had my first player encounter today..

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
CMDR Fruupp
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CMDR Fruupp
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Had my first player encounter today..

Postby CMDR Fruupp » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:39 pm

Sanfrid wrote:Yes Npc will interdict on missions and if you have decent cargo but that’s nothing like a real person. Never had a problem with an npc interdiction. I just surrender then burst away and jump don’t even fight the mini game. But a real player is a different story

I usually just go for the Escape vector with NPC interdictions, never yet had to try it with a real CMDR. How do you submit?

gordonthree
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: GORDONTHREE

Postby gordonthree » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:34 am

Regarding "friendly" encounters in Open vs Private ... depends on the system.

It has been my experience the encounter will be negative in three general locations; engineering systems, community goal systems and player hot-spots like Shinrarta Dezhra, Sol, etc.

I've had mostly positive encounters outside of these areas, but the few negative ones sour my attitude and brought me to Mobius. I'm fairly well off in the game, so a rebuy is not a hardship, but the idea of someone else forcing their idea of gameplay on me is what I don't like.

I thought Frontier was taking this in the right direction, speeding up police response, and extra penalties for non powerplay murder but they also gave the griefers new tools like reverb that will destroy very powerful shields with only a few blows, and fsd killing missiles that make submit and jump strategy pointless now.

Sanfrid
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Sanfrid

Postby Sanfrid » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:45 am

You can submit to interdiction by zeroing the throttle. You can then jump away quickly with a quick timer. The problem with this vs a real Uber leet 1337 player is you will be dead long before you can jump and won’t be able to put run their ship. They are setup to kill you not like an npc at all.

Boendil
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Boendil

Postby Boendil » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:42 pm

I had my first encounter today by CMDR H**z who interdicted me and destroyed my Python did not think happened in a P V E group

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Postby Saberius » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:02 pm

Boendil wrote:I had my first encounter today by CMDR H**z who interdicted me and destroyed my Python did not think happened in a P V E group

I don't have a record for that CMDR in any of the PC groups.
The process is to send your journal logs of the event to admin@elitepve.com

We also do not name and shame, hence the edit on your post.

CMDR_COENEN
Competent
Competent
CMDR: COENEN
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby CMDR_COENEN » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:06 am

gordonthree wrote:It has been my experience the encounter will be negative in three general locations; engineering systems, community goal systems and player hot-spots like Shinrarta Dezhra, Sol, etc.

And those systems are exactly where I can be found, so there is my reason not to play in Open ;) . The risks are just too high. My ship isn't set up to cope with human-to-human combat but made for "less risk" trade, transport and exploration.

But if you play at some random insignificant system, I guess the risks are very low. Since I joined Mobius I played in Open just once. And that was by accident :D

Return to “General Discussion”