DW2 Mobius Squadron (Latecomers [LCEX])

The place for you to catch the latest news
Alexfighter
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Alexfighter
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: DW2 Mobius Squadron (Latecomers [LCEX])

Postby Alexfighter » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:08 pm

Sagitarius Climb Race.

A 19km straight-line, 5km total climb with several peaks on the way, on a 0.04G moon. The target is to reach a needle shaped peak in the SRV located at 13.4250, 80.1754.
Then if you want, jump to the bottom as far as you can.

Start when you want and take it as a challenge or launch together at the proposed time if you want a race.
There are no prizes, just the joy of adventure.

Where: Juenae BC-B d1-2996 AB 2 b a
Time: 2019-03-17 15:00 UTC
Start line: 14.596415 , 77.638672
Goal: 13.4268, 80.1715

I advise to use E.D.I.S.O.N. to guide yourself to the waypoints. You can import both the start and the finish with this file.

WARNING! There is probably no chance of a successfull ship recall on the track. Care for your vehicle!

Overview of the track:

Flyby:

A couple of sneak "peaks" here.

Geronimoooooooooo!!!!!!
Alexfigher

On INARA
And EDSM

Exploring the galaxy looking for the Pumpkins' New Home.

RagingMutton
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: RagingMutton

Postby RagingMutton » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:13 pm

Nothing for a few days here. Looks like Sam is still in EA. I'm trudging along on my way to WP8. Hope to finish that trek today.

SamTargaryen
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SamTargaryen

Postby SamTargaryen » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:43 pm

I'm in the middle of working deadlines.
Next week will be difficult like this one.
But I'm here, now:

rpotor
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: rpotor

Postby rpotor » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:28 pm

Hey fellow Latecomers,

Couple of us in the Mobius Factions PG did, well not so much of a "mass", but rather a "minority" :D jump yesterday from WP8. If possible, we'd like to do this for the next waypoints too, so to start this well ahead of time, I'm posting this here, so that anyone interested could get their things in order in time.

DW2 Latecomers Mass Jump - WP9 Tranquility Valley

UPDATE: Date updated, it's of course 31 March, I accidentally put in the date for Friday the first time around...

Where: Phroi Bluae QI-T e3-3454 | Planet 3 A | Geo Site 4
When: 31 March 3305 (so everyone has about 1286 years to prepare, no need to rush)
Platform: PC (We are doing this on the PC platform, but of course if anyone would like to do something like this on PS4 or XBOX, feel free to do that.)
Mission Control will coordinate the event on the Fleetcomm Discord in the room pc-latecomers_mobius (this is in order to be able to accomodate any latecomers from any Squadron and even those who are not in any Squadrons at all).

Important disclaimer: like our previous jump, this is not an official DW2 event and it does not have any oversight by the DW2 leadership team, it is basically a community organized thing for us, latecomers.

However since it is not official, there is also no requirement to be on the DW2 latecomers roster. Since the DW2 latecomers roster is not published anywhere, there would be no way anyway to verify whether someone is on it or not. There are only two things needed... well, okay three:

1) Be in the MOBIUS FACTIONS private group

2) Sign up for the event here on this form

3) Be on the Fleetcomm Discord (the home of the DW2 expedition), since we'll coordinate the event there. The Fleetcomm Discord is open to anyone, even if you are not in the Fleetcomm private group.

So yes, that also means participation is not restricted to any Squadron, all DW2 latecomers are welcome.

Estimated schedule (is subject to change, depending mainly on number of people signing up, so check back here before Sunday):
All times below are UTC (so the in-game time)

19:00 Gather at the landing zone at the location given above to show off your ship, your SRV driving skills or just chilling out with other ships around besides your own. Wing beacons will be provided for landing pilots. Please observe safe flying protocols and try really hard not to blow up other pilots' ships, because they will be sad if that happens and you'll also be sad, since such an act could most likely mean you'll be banned from Mobius as per the policy rules in effect.

19:30 We launch together from the planet, wing commander(s) fly out to the jump point and will wing people in one-by-one so that they can fly to the rendezvous point and be in the same instance. Everything will be explained during the event.

19:55 Fleet honk (because it sounds cool) and final checklists.

20:00 Jump

Due to the fact that an Elite Dangerous instance can comfortably hold only about 60 commanders, that's our limit for participation, but we might be some ways until we have that problem on our hands :-) Regardless, check the Event Roster here to see if you are in the first 60 signups. (I'll manually update that list as the signups come in, so if you don't see yourself on it immediately after you signed up, don't worry, I'm just being lazy). Of course, in case we actually overflow this 60 people limit, we'll try figuring something out.

Questions, comments, whatever, you can hit me up on Discord, my username there is @Larenon#6062

See you at the jump!

SamTargaryen
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SamTargaryen

Postby SamTargaryen » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:44 pm

Just landed at Tranquillity Valley and signup for the mass jump.
Since tonight is daylight savings night, I hope to be on time tomorrow...

Meanwhile, someone else and me at Tranquillity Valley:

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Postby Saberius » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:59 pm

Admin note:
* Updated this topic to Announcement
* Added to relevant board index.
* Edited OP with links to a relevant info post in same thread
* Announcement made on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ElitePvE/status/1112143914033528833

rpotor
Harmless
Harmless

Postby rpotor » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:23 pm

CMDR Saberius, thanks very much for all of that!

Latecomers, stay tuned, the next mass jump from Waypoint 10 will be announced soon, I'd do it now, but I was at my friend's place just now, trying to repair my car and now I have too much of a certain kind of Hungarian pálinka in my body, so setting up the post for the next jump is probably better left for tomorrow... :D

rpotor
Harmless
Harmless

Postby rpotor » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:15 pm

DW2 Latecomers Mass Jump - WP10 Morphenniel Nebula

Seeing the success of last weeks' mass jump from WP9 (there were more than 20 Mobius CMDRs there, which is awesome) it looks like we are definitely on a roll, so we are not stopping with our series of mass jumps. :D Don't miss it!

Where: Bleethuae NI-B D674 | Planet 2 D A | Surface coordinates -28.177 / -117.98 (BioSite #1)
When: 07 April 3305 (so everyone has about 1286 years to prepare, no need to rush)
Platform: PC (We are doing this on the PC platform, but of course if anyone would like to do something like this on PS4 or XBOX, feel free to do that.)
Mission Control will coordinate the event on the Fleetcomm Discord in the room pc-latecomers_mobius by way of text messages, but we'll simultaneously coordinate also in the Wing 1 (No PTT) voice room, because we are that awesome, yes. (We are coordinating on Discord in order to be able to accomodate any latecomers from any Squadron and even those who are not in any Squadrons at all. That said, we'll also try to monitor the LCEX Squadron chat in-game, but to be sure your voice is heard, come to Discord.)

Important disclaimer: like our previous jumps, this is not an official DW2 event and it does not have any oversight by the DW2 leadership team, it is basically a community organized thing for us, latecomers.

However since it is not official, there is also no requirement to be on the DW2 latecomers roster. Since the DW2 latecomers roster is not published anywhere, there would be no way anyway to verify whether someone is on it or not. There are only three things required to participate:

3) Be on the Fleetcomm Discord (the home of the DW2 expedition), since we'll coordinate the event there. The Fleetcomm Discord is open to anyone, even if you are not in the Fleetcomm private group.

So yes, that also means participation is not restricted to any Squadron, basically everyone is welcome who happens to be at the location given above at the time given below.

Mission schedule:

17:30 Optional meetup at the DW2 Waypoint location given above to show off your ship, your SRV driving skills or just to chill out and chat with other commanders around you besides yourself. This is a totally optional part of the event, feel free to come and go as you like. Please observe safe flying protocols around the landing zone and try really hard not to blow up other pilots' ships, because they will be sad if that happens and you'll also be sad, since such an act could mean you'll be banned from Mobius as per the policy rules in effect.

18:00 Be in orbit and in supercruise and be ready, wing commanders will start sending out wing invites at this time. When you receive a wing invite, your wing commander will place a wing beacon for you to get to. Once you get there and we are sure you are in the correct instance, we'll ask you to leave the wing so that we can guide other commanders there.

18:55 Fleet honk (because it sounds cool) and final checklists.

19:00 Jump

IMPORTANT: The actual jump time might be earlier, basically when we are more or less in line and all the signed up commanders are present and accounted for, we just jump when ready. So, make sure to sign up and be there in time.

Due to the fact that an Elite Dangerous instance can comfortably hold only about 60 commanders, that's our limit for participation. Check the Event Roster here to see if you are in the first 60 signups. Of course, in case we actually overflow this 60 people limit, we'll try figuring something out.

Questions, comments, whatever, you can hit me up on Discord, my username there is @Larenon#6062

See you at the jump! Let's make this even larger than the WP9 jump was.

rpotor
Harmless
Harmless

Postby rpotor » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:26 am

Hey Latecomers,

I've put together a guide of sorts for latecomers, to help navigate the jungle of Discord servers, PGs and Squadrons and whatnot. Maybe it can be of help to someone. You can find it here: http://bit.ly/LCbriefing

Also, I thought we could make a kind of Active Latecomers List, to see how many of us are out there, who are actively participating in the expedition. Anyone who wants to sign up to the list is welcome to do so by filling out this form: http://bit.ly/LCListSignup (This is open to any and all latecomers, regardless whether you are on the DW latecomers roster or not.) The actual list can be found here: http://bit.ly/ActiveLCList I'll manually update it, so don't worry if you don't appear on it immediately as you fill in the form, it will happen when I get there :-)

rpotor
Harmless
Harmless

Postby rpotor » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:30 am

DW2 Mobius Mass Jump - WP11 Luna's Shadow

I'm fully expecting that the next waypoint will just be Beagle Point and then that will be it for this expedition, so it is very likely that this will be our last mass jump. So don't miss out! :-)

Where: At Waypoint 11 Basecamp: Smootoae QY-S d3-202 | Planet 3 A | Surface coordinates -68.4811 / 64.2183
When: 21 April 3305 (so everyone has about 1286 years to prepare, no need to rush)
Mission Control will coordinate the event on the Fleetcomm Discord in the room pc-latecomers_mobius by way of text messages, but we'll simultaneously coordinate also in the Wing 1 (No PTT) voice room, because we are that awesome, yes. (We are coordinating on Discord in order to be able to accomodate any latecomers from any Squadron and even those who are not in any Squadrons at all. That said, we'll also try to monitor the LCEX Squadron chat in-game, but to be sure your voice is heard, come to Discord.)

Important disclaimer: like our previous jumps, this is not an official DW2 event and it does not have any oversight by the DW2 leadership team, it is basically a community organized thing for us, latecomers.

However since this is an unofficial event, there is absolutely no need to be on any kind of DW2 roster, everyone is welcome as long as you can fulfill these requirements:

So yes, that also means participation is not restricted to any Squadron, basically everyone is welcome who happens to be at the location given above at the time given below.

Mission schedule:

17:30 Optional meetup at the DW2 Waypoint location given above to show off your ship, your SRV driving skills or just to chill out and chat with other commanders around you besides yourself. This is a totally optional part of the event, feel free to come and go as you like. Please observe safe flying protocols around the landing zone and try really hard not to blow up other pilots' ships, because they will be sad if that happens and you'll also be sad, since such an act could mean you'll be banned from Mobius as per the policy rules in effect.

18:00 Be in orbit and in supercruise and be ready, wing commanders will start sending out wing invites at this time. When you receive a wing invite, your wing commander will place a wing beacon for you to get to. Once you get there and we are sure you are in the correct instance, we'll ask you to leave the wing so that we can guide other commanders there.

18:55 Fleet honk (because it sounds cool) and final checklists.

19:00 Jump

IMPORTANT: The actual jump time might be earlier, basically when we are more or less in line and all the signed up commanders are present and accounted for, we just jump when ready. So, make sure to sign up and be there in time.

Due to the fact that an Elite Dangerous instance can comfortably hold only about 60 commanders, that's our limit for participation. Check the Event Roster here to see if you are in the first 60 signups. Of course, in case we actually overflow this 60 people limit, we'll try figuring something out.

Also, if you are new to the expedition in general, or to Discord, I've written a short guide which might be useful. Check it out here.

See you at the jump!

Return to “News and Announcements”