SamTargaryen
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SamTargaryen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

A request to the group

Postby SamTargaryen » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:04 am

Feel free to tell me I am wrong.

But, I play since more than a year. And every single time there is an event, be it an update or some organized thing, servers crash.
Every single time.

I propose a "negative reviews rain" on Steam. Everyone should post a negative review focused on the server issues.
It worked the few times I partecipated in something like this in other games. Because money is they only thing Software Houses care about.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: A request to the group

Postby TorTorden » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:02 am

Are you 12?

That's just a petulant, asinine idea, that only serves to scare new players away than anything.

Grow up.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:08 am

SamTargaryen wrote:Because money is they only thing Software Houses care about.

Then why did you give them your money in the first place? Suck it up Princess but ALL Games have issues. The toxicity in games is caused by the the way Players deal with it. I agree with Tor, Grow up.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

SamTargaryen
Harmless
Harmless

Postby SamTargaryen » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:14 am

TorTorden wrote:That's just a petulant, asinine idea, that only serves to scare new players away than anything.

Well, actually that would be the whole point. You know, no new player, less income, do something about it.

Loriath wrote:Then why did you give them your money in the first place? Suck it up Princess but ALL Games have issues.

Because the game is awesome. Even with issues.
Not all games have issues. Accepting it like it is normal is what makes people lazy.
And definitevely not all game have the exact same issue every time. I'm not talking about bugs, they happen, they're there, it's not always easy to solve them (believe me, I know what I'm talking about). This is just a sizing issue: servers are too small.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:27 am

If giving bad reviews would fix games fallout 76 would be the best game ever by now.

Here's how adults deal with this.
You have an issue. File a ticket.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

lafzy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: lafzy

Postby lafzy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:07 am

I have to agree with Tor and Loriath, although I wouldn't have jumped straight to insulting you, that the best way to deal with this is not to try and slate the game publicly and put off new players from joining. It is a matter best raised with developers via a ticket.

I do however think raising your issue in a forum like this at first instance is the right thing to do, because if you have a thread of people agreeing with you, you can point it out to dev's in your email, or provide a link for them to see its not an issue that only you have raised. That said, while the game has crashed a couple of times for me, I haven't experienced it to the degree that you appear to have. Probably because i tend to do my own thing and not join in with a lot of events other than the odd CG.

An example of an issue for me, is the most recent CG. I was a bit put out because the CG expectations and rewards are not linked to how many players have joined. This meant that with only a couple of hundred people doing the recent mining CG, it was never going to get past tier one rewards and therefore seemed a bit pointless to slog away at it, especially when the prices being paid for grandidierite and alexandrinite were lower for the CG than I could get elsewhere. It seemed like a complete waste of time. I intend to raise a ticket with developers to ask if they will consider scaling the expectations and rewards of CG's in future to the number of participants, as i think that would provide a better outcome. For me, its a more proportionate response that review bombing or slating a game with so many positive aspects.

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:13 am

Now bombarding Frontier with support tickets may attract their attention, but even then, server stability under load and instancing crashes have been here 5ever.
What would be nice is if they told us if server performance will be part of the quality of life improvements planned for 2019 / 2020. But again, this kind of announcement won't be rushed with number of tickets. They communicate when they decide and never let the community influence their schedule.

I am not sure anything would come out of massive complaints about multiplayer issues. The only times Elite works perfectly is when you play solo. Whenever wings, multicrew or simply instancing is involved, the glitch gremlins go to town.

CMDR_COENEN
Competent
Competent
CMDR: COENEN

Postby CMDR_COENEN » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:21 pm

Reviews should never be used to get something done. They are to inform potential buyers. At it is today, my review is very positive.

Frontier is well aware of the issues but they can't use magic to solve it all. If you want them to focus on something, be sure to use the correct channels, such as tickets and the forum.

SamTargaryen
Harmless
Harmless

Postby SamTargaryen » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:49 am

I believe you are confusing developers with bosses.

Developers do not work on the live game, they develop the future of it.
They work on the live game only in emergency situations, like the one with the mission board not working at EA.
The time it took to solve it is actually the right time, since the issue came up in the evening of Thursday and they solved it by early afternoon on Friday.

So, clearly developers are doing their job. Also, they read the forum and try to focus on developments following community suggestions. Not everybody's happy with the choice, I am.

All the big issues in this game are simply due to sizing. I agree, developers can't do magic. Because if you have one server for all the missions of the whole game, you do wathever you can. There are some technical suggestions on the forum and by the look of what went on yesterday it seems they implemented something really close to it.

The problem with size is due to bosses. And the amount of money they invest in the game. That's why hurting them in the pockets is the only way to get things done. This would not be against working people, but against decision makers.

Return to “General Discussion”