The place for you to catch the latest news
Alexfighter
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Alexfighter
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

DW2 Mobius Squadron (Latecomers [LCEX])

Postby Alexfighter » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:56 am

For those people that arrived late to Distant Worlds 2 expedition, and want to interact, travel together, organize things in the expedition without being in full loneliness we've created the PC squadron:

LATECOMERS
[LCEX] - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9634&start=60#p104614

An announcement has been posted in the official Distant Worlds 2 discord so that our scattered people can see this.

If you are following Distant Worlds 2 in Mobius, no matter America or Eurasia, feel free to send a request and to invite others in our same situation.
You can use this thread for ideas and suggestions on how to use this new tool, propose and organize any kind of events that we can also advertise in the official discord.

We highly encourage to join Mobius discord and channel #dw_2 and also participate in the main expedition channels that are hosted in FleetCoom HQ discord. That way we can join the events and iniciatives inside our private group of outcasts.

Travel safe.
Last edited by Alexfighter on Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Alexfigher

On INARA
And EDSM

Exploring the galaxy looking for the Pumpkins' New Home.

Shmoli

Re: DW2 Mobius Squadron

Postby Shmoli » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:55 pm

I am in colonia since I cannot find anyone to fly with. I may stay here for a while. It's nice to be in group but feel like a red headed step child since not part of the main fleet PG.

Norbert Stiles
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Norbert Stiles

Postby Norbert Stiles » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:39 pm

This is a great idea, although I'm crap at working the text chat in VR. I'm fed up with DW2 changing the latecomer sign up rules and I've seen just 2 eurasia cmdr's since leaving the bubble. I've come to the forums to see if the Mobius explorer squadron are doing anything in DW2. If you get enough interest then go for it. I'll join.

Mearmortal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MEARMORTAL

Postby Mearmortal » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:19 am

I've been signed up now for two weeks to Mobius PVE EURASIA player group, and I've joined the DW3S squadron.
I've not seen anyone in my travels so far, but that could be down to me not being in the right groups at the right time, playing at the same time as anyone else. I've chatted to others in the squadron and it's been great, it's just seems like I'm out there on my own. I can't imagine that we are all in different groups so it would be nice to see where the 1000 player base in the latecomer roster is actually distributed.

Alexfighter
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Alexfighter » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:11 pm

Oh, I didn't thing you could be in the DW3S squadron withoug being in the official roster. If that's really possible and not an overlook (talked to some admin of FG discord that puts up the announcements and didn't get me out of my possible mistake) this wouldn't be needed. We could just get into DW3S.

Let's see how many people are interested. This person told me to wait a couple of days because he wanted to talk to other admins. There might exist the possibility of, now that the roster is closed for good, if there's enough space in FC, they could let us in. It's not something they haven't hinted me in any way, but it's feasible and reasonable.

I see the Mobius DW squadron as a last-resort measure to combat the space loneliness, if there's a chance of being less divided, that's for the best of everybody.

Having said that, I plan to keep going with the expedition. While this idea develops, feel free to friend me. I tend to be online in west European evenings and weekends if I don't have some RL event, and currently I want to follow the published routes up or below the plane to help the Science investigation, but going back to the route at the POIs for sightseeing.
Alexfigher

On INARA
And EDSM

Norbert Stiles
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Norbert Stiles

Postby Norbert Stiles » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:30 pm

If you hear back from admins, could you post it here Alexfighter? Dr. Kai mention a attrition rate where people will leave the expedition at SagA so there may well be spaces available. Thanks for looking in to it.
Will look out for you.

Alexfighter
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Alexfighter » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:27 am

For sure I will.
Alexfigher

On INARA
And EDSM

SamTargaryen
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SamTargaryen

Postby SamTargaryen » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:49 pm

I'm not really in DW2, but I will be there for the next CG.
Well, actually I'm almost there, already.

I sure love to be in a squadron. And it seems that we are mostly Eurasia people.
I could setup the squadron, if you like.

Alexfighter
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Alexfighter » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:04 pm

Ok, I got some news.

After the squadron is formed, if it's formed, they'd put in in the announcements and in the info bot of their discord. However, we should use a "generic name", with "Distant Worlds", "Fleetcom" or "Mobius" forbidden. One main reason would be that this group would live beyond the expedition and nobody of these entities would be endorsing it.

Not quite what I was expecting, because, first of all, I would have liked to advertise this thread in their announcements before creating anything, to see first if there are enough people.

They have a point, though, in that the squadron has a chance of drift out of DW2, specially if people as not many people would probably go beyond Sag A*.

----------

So...

I would still advertise this thread in Mobius group for some days at different times, to see if there's enough interest. But, with these position from DW2 admins, nothing stops anybody that writes in this thread, to start already the squadron if they want. SamTargaryen has offered and I'm not against; I'm not looking for protagonism and and as I plan to keep going until the end of the expedition, I'm not afraid to say that if there's a chance to merge into the main group as the expedition dwindles, I'd do so for convenience. If you still want to wait for some days to see if more people speak in this thread, that's fine too. And if and when the squadron is created I can pass the info / contact to the DW2 admins so they put it in the mentioned information pages.
Alexfigher

On INARA
And EDSM

SamTargaryen
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SamTargaryen

Postby SamTargaryen » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:29 pm

Well, I can create the squadron, anyway.
So: how do we name it?

Return to “News and Announcements”