Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Hippie4Hire
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Hippie4Hire
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Hippie4Hire » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:27 am

Hey all! Long time player of Elite: Dangerous here. Had to take a break on PC for about 2 years cause it crapped out on me. I've been playing on PS4 in the interim. So my PC is back up and running and I've been catching up on all the content I missed while I've been inactive. So if you wanna play on PC or PS4, I can accomadate both options (though I prefer PC). See you in the black! MY username on both PS4 and Steam is Hippie4Hire. See you in the black!

derpbuddyuk
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: derpbuddyuk

Postby derpbuddyuk » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:40 pm

Greetings all long time player of Elite originally played on a ZX Spectrum 48K many life cycles ago.
Built my PC just to play this game have played since the start currently doing rares runs from Zaonce etc to Withchaul.
CMDR name is derpbuddyuk i'm UK based West Midlands and play most days and weekends feel free to add me in game.

Enjoy Mobius as i can play freely without getting blown up every 5 seconds un like in open have enjoyed playing and meeting you guys and girls out there in the voids.
I look forward to the whole experience that Elite gives with every new up date and hopefully will get to fly with others as most my friends have long given up on this game and the loneliness of space gets me sometime.

Fly safe CMDR'S and say hi if you pass me on the rares runs.

derpbuddyuk signing off. 07

Arkie_001
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Arkie001

Postby Arkie_001 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:16 pm

HI all,

Keeping this short. I'm Arkie. New to Elite and still not sure what to make of it, because there's so much to do. I decided on Mobius because it is PvE and I'd rather spend my time making friends and playing the peaceful life. I played eve for a bit and all the PvP in that game was just too much for me. Hope to see you all around and have a great time.

davidsen
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: davidsen

Postby davidsen » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:04 pm

Hello,

I just joined few days ago, after I learned in the Elite subreddit about this PVE-only group. Because I hate to be ganked, although I was luckily not ganked in Elite yet.

More than 15 years ago, Freelancer was my favorite game, until now it's still one of my favorite games. Anyone else here played Freelancer before? :D
Then I saw few weeks before Elite Dangerous Deluxe Edition for sale in Humble Bundle. But I hesitated to buy it, because of the mixed reviews on Steam. Now I am very hooked into it and don't regret this purchase.

I'm currently flying a Cobra MK III, exploration build, I made yesterday some big credits from my first exploration trip. Now I'm going to upgrade to an ASP Explorer soon.

See you out there in the vast space.

el-ricardo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: XavierTrueblood
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby el-ricardo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:23 am

Strangely remembering the days of playing Elite on Commodore64 I just had to have this, bought it three years ago and forgot about it, now on a mission to actually use it and glad I did! Much more involved but way more enjoyable.

48yo IT geek from Australia where's it's nice and warm and the beaches are fab.

Tarbal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Tarbal

Postby Tarbal » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:04 am

o7 commanders!

My in-game name is Tarbal. I've not played for a couple of years so I'm a bit rusty. Almost finished my sim pit and playing on oculus. Never liked PvP in elite, always played with friends in a private session. I'm hoping to convince my friends to join Mobius too so we can be part of something bigger.

RivenDell
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Riven Dell

Postby RivenDell » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:58 am

Greetings Commanders,

I've been playing Elite for a while now, enjoying a variety of activities. Usually, I set myself little projects (last one, for instance, exploring the new Guardian sites and getting all materials for the new Guardian fighters)

Last week I decided to join the Distant Worlds 2 Expedition as a late-entry, got into my trusty exploration-built Asp Exp, carrying some Guardian treasures for RP, and headed for the Omega Mining Operation. It was a sweet journey so far already, the frequent supercharged jumps on the neutron star highway broken up with beautiful sights and planetary explorations. It was the first time I decided to play in Open through and through, with the opportunity to meet other commanders to share the ride.

After a 5000-6000Ly journey, I was looking forward to see some friendly human faces. I finally made it to the Omega Mining system, only to drop in, getting a dire warning of a PVP ambush, and high-waked out of there into a random system, before my Asp Exp came to harm. Gee, that didn't quite go as planned. Of course, the DW2 basecamp was virtually deserted, all fled because of the brute aggression.

Anyways, I decided to give Mobius a go as recommended group for DW2 latecomers. Looking forward to see you in the game.
(Playing on PC. If you see me around, CMDR RIVEN DELL, Synth-Orange paintjob Asp Explorer with orange drives, designation: LIRON DISCOVERY)

Question: Are Mobius people who explore on DW2 usually logging in on their respective timezone server or do they use Mobius Factions?

Sanichopx
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SANICHOPX

Postby Sanichopx » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:03 pm

CMDR: Sanichopx
IRL Name: Alex (short for Alexander)

Background story: new to the game, use to play EVE, dark star ect. Moved to this ED to try something new and love it so far

What do i love: Transport, exploration, SRV

Current ship: Cobra MKIII
Next planned ship: ASP explore

I'm glad to be here and hope i will be of great use for this community.

Over and out!

Mak
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Makadelik

Postby Mak » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:19 am

Hello, Makadelik here
I'm interested in trying out something new and thus PVE since I'm new to this game. My other go-to games are strategy builder games and I am looking forward to playing/learning this space sim. See you in the stars.

crashaffinity
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Crashaffinity

Postby crashaffinity » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:36 am

Hi All,

Back into the game after a bit of a break. Loving the new changes. I've got about 400 hours into the game already though i've solo'd it all. Meant to get back on here to find some people to fly around with and finally did it!.

See you in the space lanes!

Feel free to add my if you're close to my time zone, Mountain time North America
Last edited by crashaffinity on Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Introductions”