CMDR Razour reporting for duty.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Razour
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Razour
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Razour » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:56 pm

Hello All,

I've been playing E:D on/off for just over three years now on PC. I started out playing on a flat screen, initially with m+kb but quickly gave that up and switched to the x52 pro HOTAS; my next "upgrade" was to add head tracking using TrackHat before, I picked up my Rift in July 2016... and had my mind blown by E:D in VR!

I've almost exclusively been playing in solo throughout with half a mind that I'd switch to open once I've got the ships and the "skillz" to survive the big bad world universe. But somehow that's never happened as I've found enough to do to keep me entertained, until now....

Don't get me wrong... I've not fully exhausted E:D in solo, but I do like to set myself in-game targets, and I'm making good head-way on those. So I've started taking more interest in the community aspects of the game - and in doing so I've recognised that there's a nice healthy middle ground between the isolation of solo and the potential grief of open (having played a few other MMO's I have some experience of how PvP can sour things) - that is player groups. And the one name that comes up all the time in the context of healthy (size and outlook) player groups is Mobius. :)

Beyond that, I'm a 1965 vintage married chap living and working in Cambridge, UK where I have the present good fortune to work in the tech industry. Good fortune as in it means I get to be a geek 24/7 if I wish, but also because it's given me the opportunity to live and work in a whole bunch of fun places including Munich, Germany; Paris, France; Silicon Valley (Milpitas, San Jose); and to travel to many other places too.

Razour o7

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Re: CMDR Razour reporting for duty.

Postby GreenViper » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:08 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Razour
Hope to meet you in the black void one day!

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

Razour
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Razour

Re: CMDR Razour reporting for duty.

Postby Razour » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:24 am

GreenViper wrote:Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Razour
Hope to meet you in the black void one day!

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Thank you for the welcome and all the links/info.

I can confirm that:
    I'm familiar and agree to the policies of Mobius.
    I've joined MOBIUS PVE EURASIA in-game.
    I've applied to join the Facebook group.

I'll look up the other stuff this evening.

Return to “Introductions”