Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
Duncan McDusty
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Duncan McDusty
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby Duncan McDusty » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:23 pm

Duncan McDusty here, i'm from Canada, been playing elite for a lil while now, but always in solo. I've never been big on PvP prefer the PvE myself. Still get the odd NPC that wrecks you in 5 secs. Looking fwd to playing with other like minded people :)

tredsdert
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: TREDSDERT
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby tredsdert » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:16 am

Hello Y'all,

My name is Greg Wallace. I'm 33 years old out of Allen, Texas USA. Its about 30 miles north of Dallas. ;) I first started playing ED on the PS4 about a 2 years ago and fell in love with the game, about the same time I met my current girlfriend the and love of my life who I will marry soon enough! ^_^
I took a 6 month hiatus from the game, somewhere along the way selling my PS4 and buying an XBOX one instead, GMRTAG: tredsdert
I was a primarily SOLO player and with this go around figured I'd try a group play setting. I loath grievers and gankers, so I'm really looking forward to playing with a great group of players with a productive positive attitude.

Can't wait to get to know all of you!

Keeper1st
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Keeper1st

Postby Keeper1st » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:56 pm

I played Elite on the C64 and Amiga back in the day, a fair bit of Oolite and Pioneer Space Sim, which started life as an Elite 2 remake but has gone its own way since (to be honest, in each case it's probably been more modding than playing -- typical for me). Have eyed E:D for a while but feared that online play would be annoying -- especially as I'm not so hot in combat. Since it was on a good sale this month I broke down and got it (Horizons). Have been enjoying it offline so far. Heard about this PvE group and thought OK, might be fun to have some humans around without expecting to be splatted by them every 10 seconds. (Haven't been accepted as of yet, but it's only been half an hour.)

Currently in a Cobra Mk III (the old reliable starter ship from the old days!) named The Edible Poet -- a reference to the quirkiness of the original Elite that this iteration appears to lack.

WauloK
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: WauloK

Postby WauloK » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi!

Commander WauloK from the land Down Under!
I fly a gold Cobra Mk III (Heart of Gold) and am pretty new to E:D. I gifted E:D pack to a friend to play as well tho he's had connection issues and needs to fix his old HOTAS.
I'm mostly doing passenger and data runs atm after a failed attempt at mining.

flyingnurse
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Flyingnurse

Postby flyingnurse » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:11 am

Hi all. I am an old gamer. I live up in Maine in the USA. I am a retired nurse and pilot. I have been playing games since the days of Wing Commander , Freespace and Freelancer. I have over 1600 hours in this game. Finally made Elite. I joined this group because I was tired of getting blindsided by some punk, in the open so he can get his daily dose of stupid stuff to do. At my expense. Got lonely in solo. So here I am

ShiMan
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ShiMan

Postby ShiMan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:26 pm

I prefer PvE because I'm content with PvP at CQC :mrgreen:

And some in-fighting within my squadron.

WGTBaal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: WGTBaal

Postby WGTBaal » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:36 pm

Hello and happy New Year,

I really like exploring and seeing nice planets/stellar objects/phenomena and not so much fighting so that s why I prefer PvE over PvP.
When I want a bit of action i just go to a CZ or Hi Res for like an hour but that s usually enough for my liking, whereas I can explore for hours.
Recently I ve taken up mining (as in a couple days ago) to give it a try and it s alright so far, I may combine that with exploring. If anybody has some tips (i have a conda that I m using for mining now but my main ship is an asp explorer).
Nice to meet you all :)

DassadThe12
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: DassadThe12

Postby DassadThe12 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:00 pm

Name: Paweł (Paul)
In-Game: DassadThe12
Languages: Polish, English, Japanese (enough to read but not understand, not to mention kanji)

Reason(s) for joining:
1. Mostly because of those forking ganking Fer-De-Lances that haunt space around jameson memorial. I lost about 200 mil credits coming back from exploration missions, if my Eddiscovery data is to be trusted.
2. I suck at PvP combat. And even if I somehow manage to be closer to killing than dying I've yet to find anybody that does'nt practise combat logging.

Lopt
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Loptt

Postby Lopt » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:45 pm

Greetings and happy new year, I’m here because I don’t want to waste my precious relaxation time being blown up by immature wankers.

I would much rather explore the galaxy and enjoy the game!

Sounds like this is the place to be to do that :)

I am NEW player just bought my 2nd ship a Cobra MK III and so far have been doing fairly well running delivery and boom time missions back and forth between a few systems I’m starting to get familiar with, I’m saving up for an ASP so I can really start exploring.

DesertRanger
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SakisGamer

Postby DesertRanger » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:45 am

Hello there, I'm from Greece :)
I just got back to playing the game after leaving it for about 3 years... life happened, and I kinda forgot all about the pvp mechanics and the buffed npcs didn't help. I used to bounty hunt a lot and trade mainly. Now I just haul cargo, explore and try to stay out of trouble :)

Return to “Introductions”