Introduction of a Madman

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
megamadman7

Introduction of a Madman

Postby megamadman7 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:47 am

Hello, I'm Dexter Green, CMDR of the DG-X Insanity, a name that applies all of my ships because I don't have the patience or creativity to come up with more. The 'DG-X' part is actually the ship's ID, wherein 'DG' is simply the initials of my RP name and 'X' is the part unique to each ship, consisting of a 2-digit number indicating how many ships I've had before it, and a letter indicating what the ship is, similar to the default IDs that ships have. 'Insanity' is simply because the idea behind my RP character is that he's a bit of a psychopath/sociopath (don't actually know the difference, annoyingly...). He's also the founder and CEO of a semi-evil business organization called Madness Corporation, though not in the Elite: Dangerous universe (mainly because there's no real way to create fictional groups in-game other than player groups and factions, at least none that I know of).

IRL my name is Patrick. I was born in Alaska, but I have no memories of it as we moved to the mainland US when I was only 18 months old. I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome when I was 5, and had a pretty rough time in school until I was transferred to a special education program. I graduated from high-school in May of this year, and currently have no plans of going to college, though I do plan to get a job at some point in the future. I'm currently still living with my parents in a little town called White Hall in the central part of Arkansas. I mainly enjoy gaming, watching videos (YouTube and occasionally actual movies and shows), and role-playing.

I decided to join Mobius and give it a go because I got a bit tired of just playing solo and I want to be able to experience more of what the game has to offer and maybe even make some new friends, but I didn't really want to join open play after hearing about how pirates and greifers can spoil the game. Thus, a friend of mine referred me here and I loved the idea of a PvE-only player group. I've never played in open play before but I've been playing solo for a little while now, though only recently got back into E:D with a fresh start and a new character, so I'm still a bit of a newbie. I look forward to meeting new people and having fun without having to worry about all the risks that come with open multiplayer!

-megamadman7

P.S. sorry for such a long post, honestly didn't originally intend for it to go on like this... if you want me to shorten it please let me know and I'll take care of it as soon as I can!
Last edited by megamadman7 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Introduction of a Madman

Postby Xebeth » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:16 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander Dexter Green

Please feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our TeamSpeak servers or Discord (voice and text chat) servers to easily chat with, and possibly wing up with other commanders.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Introduction of a Madman

Postby GreenViper » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:18 am

Welcome to Mobius CMDR Dexter Green.
Hope to meet you in the void one day !
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator