Apps, websites, tools and helpers for Elite: Dangerous
raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Re: Elite:Dangerous Passenger Mission Helper

Postby raorn » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:40 pm

I've pushed my changes. Only stations with large pad are qualified for target, otherwise I am getting zero results. I did minor changes to your formatting and for "source poll" all systems with population above zero are counted.

I've also added some sorting and filtering options to hide sources with very large pool.

Deal
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deal
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Deal » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:22 pm

raorn wrote:I've pushed my changes. Only stations with large pad are qualified for target, otherwise I am getting zero results. I did minor changes to your formatting and for "source poll" all systems with population above zero are counted.

I've also added some sorting and filtering options to hide sources with very large pool.

Looks great. :) I particularly like the ability to include planetary landings.

The only thing I would say is that I don't recall ever seeing "ship too large" when flipping for pax missions. I suspect that they filter for large pads on the server side to promote the efficiency of mission running with larger ships. That being the case, (and since all systems with stations have pop > 0 - or so I would assume), filtering for large pads should give a representative source system pool.

For example, if you look at Medb (http://eddb.io/station?i=1&r=13516) you can see that it has 2 medium pad outposts and these are never ever selected for pax missions. I suppose they could be excluding outposts, but I think that's to the same effect.

Edit: Just to be clear, I was joking about the formatting. I think the only thing I would want in that respect is a linefeed between each .format to make each block more easy to make out in the list, but even then, I can edit it as I like locally so by all means, change what you like.

raorn
Competent
Competent

Postby raorn » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:44 am

Deal wrote:The only thing I would say is that I don't recall ever seeing "ship too large" when flipping for pax missions. I suspect that they filter for large pads on the server side to promote the efficiency of mission running with larger ships. That being the case, (and since all systems with stations have pop > 0 - or so I would assume), filtering for large pads should give a representative source system pool.

OK, agreed. Some pools are being reduced by 4. This filter honors the --medium-pad switch, so if you have medium-sized ship, systems with all-medium stations will be counted. Commited and pushed.

Deal wrote:Edit: Just to be clear, I was joking about the formatting. I think the only thing I would want in that respect is a linefeed between each .format to make each block more easy to make out in the list, but even then, I can edit it as I like locally so by all means, change what you like.

Yeah, I got the joke ;-). Hope you like my changes. There's one more indentation level for source systems list and extra empty line.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:25 pm

I hope you both have a long and happy life together

raorn
Competent
Competent

Postby raorn » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:26 pm

*Al* wrote:I hope you both have a long and happy life together
Jealous much, huh?

Отправлено с моего Moto G (5) через Tapatalk

Deal
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deal

Postby Deal » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:31 am

raorn wrote:Yeah, I got the joke ;-). Hope you like my changes. There's one more indentation level for source systems list and extra empty line.

Sorry, yeah all good.

*Al* wrote:I hope you both have a long and happy life together

The rule of two. :ugeek: :geek:

Kosh
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: kosh starglider
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Kosh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:18 am

I must compile the file in order to run?

raorn
Competent
Competent

Postby raorn » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:24 am

Kosh wrote:I must compile the file in order to run?
No, you need Ruby interpreter and PostgreSQL database. But passenger missions are now nerfed, so this script is not really usable anymore...

Kosh
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: kosh starglider
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Kosh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:37 am

raorn wrote:
Kosh wrote:I must compile the file in order to run?
No, you need Ruby interpreter and PostgreSQL database. But passenger missions are now nerfed, so this script is not really usable anymore...

Thank you, I ma new in game 3 months, and for the moment it's my best source of income, the biggest problem that I have is that there is no way to sort the list of missions "by destination", so I am forced to scroll all the time and check mission by mission. Frontier should definetely do something about that part.
If you know something please let me know.

raorn
Competent
Competent

Postby raorn » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:43 am

For now most stable source of income is "road to riches" (google it). You need detailed surface scanner and all jump range you can get (don't forget fuel scoops!). This method is also most boring, but at least you can get money for bigger ship and start doing more fun things.

Return to “Tools and Helpers”