W17DCARD
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: W17DCARD
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Re: AZRAEL BGS and The Order of Mobius reaction to the SDC claiming 'victory'

Postby W17DCARD » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:09 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:
Xebeth wrote:...All the SDC have succeeded in doing with this is to make themselves slightly more hated, get ridiculed for 70 odd pages on the FD forum, and drive up membership in Mobius.

On that note, one could argue that SDCs event succeeded in adding content and "life" to Elite: Dangerous? Something to get excited/inflamed about?

All they did was play and emphasise a broken game mechanic in my opinion. Not even very well at that. But based on the attention they're getting, I would say that the mission has been a huge success for them, and Elite: Dangerous. :)

We can all argue about they're agenda and how they go about it, but at the end of the day SDC adds tension to Elite: Dangerous, and personally I think Elite: Dangerous would be poorer without them.

Agreed... I actually want to do more BGS stuff now.. at least once we get Azrael back in proper hands.

lafzy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: lafzy
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby lafzy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:07 am

Reading this makes me want to join OoM!

Well done to the SDC for galvanising support and making more people like myself want to hunt them down. Interesting that they try to justify themselves as not being 'griefers' when that's exacly what they are. I suppose you can polish a turd, but deep down its still a turd...

Faragon
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: FARAGON

Postby Faragon » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:09 pm

Its actually hilarous how much stick SDC got on the forums for this....:D
o7

CMDR Faragon

W17DCARD
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: W17DCARD
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby W17DCARD » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:13 pm

I didn't mind SDC or any other player faction making life miserable in OoM systems.

This galaxy is Huge & Empty and I actually get excited when I see a hollow square or triangle in my radar. The idea of a living breathing person interacting for/against me (WITHOUT RISKING MY SHIP!!) is pretty awesome. That being said... their method is only half effective. It allowed them to harass without winning or losing because they don't have a player faction on our doorstep threatening to expand. Kind of like a termite infestation encouraging you to take a vacation.. you still come back home.

Hopefully this galaxy gets slightly crowded and the day comes that SDC (or another player faction) starts expanding in game and start knocking on our little turf while having to defend their little turf. If they win, we become loyal opposition in our system.. if we win.. they better start fortifying!!

W17DCARD

SockFiddler
Competent
Competent
CMDR: SockFiddler
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby SockFiddler » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:55 am

... there's all together too much care happening here.
"Drink fast, die young"

"You may ask who was wearing the bow tie; me or the shark. The answer is: YES."

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby raorn » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:19 am

Of course. We're all Carebears, we do care.

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Postby Saberius » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:42 am

My signature says I'm two carebears :)
I did not notice when SDC hit us, but it doesn't mean I don't care, I found out about it after the fact because it did upset some people that choose to play the BGS :)
... and because the SDC were trying to prove some kind of point.. which, I also may have missed, but I care that they cared to tell us that they were trying to upset us.

JoeLongLegs
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Joe Longlegs

Postby JoeLongLegs » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:49 am

Hi guys, still waitin for the accept to the ingame group; nonetheless im getting intrigued with all that bgs stuff as i read about it and prolly will get involved sooner then later.

Is there a place where all this stuff in this thread is abit explained. what exactly happend, how and what Mobius needs now/is gonna do ? I am abit confused about the info im getting from this https://eddb.io/faction/18979 about influence and owned stations etc.

SonicAlpha
Competent
Competent
CMDR: SonicAlpha
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby SonicAlpha » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:16 pm

JoeLongLegs wrote:Hi guys, still waitin for the accept to the ingame group

Instead of putting a single sentence in a response to an entirely different subject, that may get missed by the people who can actually help you, try making a post in the sub-forum we created specifically for problems like yours ;)

JoeLongLegs
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Joe Longlegs

Postby JoeLongLegs » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:25 pm

SonicAlpha wrote:
JoeLongLegs wrote:Hi guys, still waitin for the accept to the ingame group

Instead of putting a single sentence in a response to an entirely different subject, that may get missed by the people who can actually help you, try making a post in the sub-forum we created specifically for problems like yours ;)

Oh that wasnt meant to express any impatience, just applied few hours earlier.Was just written to state that I am interested in the bgs politics without actually being in the group yet.
Which changed in the meantime, now I have docking rights :)

Return to “News and Announcements”