Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
madcliker
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Zrean
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby madcliker » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:02 am

Hello all,

CMDR Zrean
Forum Madcliker

Looking for PVE only experience with others in ED.

Currently working my way through Fed ranks and just got my SOL permit!

See you in space?!?!?!?!? :D

Tembuk
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Tembuk

Postby Tembuk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Commander Tembuk (AKA Brit) here. I've been playing ED since the beta, taking long breaks on occasion. Getting an Oculus Rift has changed all that for now. Looking for the chance to take part in wings or other group endeavours to add interest and variety to the gameplay. I've reached Elite as a trader, currently working on the last rank for exploration, currently docked in Gru Hypue KS-T d3-31, en route to Colonia. Pretty crap at combat so still at expert. I've always tried to avoid notoriety so focus on getting away with illegal activities or paying off bounties quickly.

Chimmie
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Chimmie

Postby Chimmie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:18 pm

Harro.

CMDR Chimmie here. Been looking at this game for a long time, but only recently got the drive to play it. Most chill experience ever, just got my first Eagle.
28 yo Polish man working in customer service in an automotive telematics company. Just started my physics degree again.

Frankymole
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Cral Travis
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Frankymole » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:53 am

Thanks for the Friends list invite!

Toran Hale
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CommanderHale

Postby Toran Hale » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:58 pm

Greetings,

Commander Toran Hale here. Real name Tony.
A 45yr old HGV driver from England. Played original Elite and Frontier when younger. A BIG fan.

Been playing this game a lot in solo since Oct17 when I finally upgraded my PC. Managed to build and engineer what I feel are some nice ships. Python and Vulture are my Favs. Python the biggest ship I have. Got fed up being attacked/blown up whenever I went open mode. Distressing to see my hard work go up in smoke!!! Rebuy is a pain. Thought I'd try Mobius as I've heard/read good things and would rather work with other players as opposed to getting my atoms spread across the space lanes!

Never been part of a Wing so don't know whats involved there at all, but looks interesting.

Realy only play at weekends due to work. Currently a Competent Broker. Lol

See you out there in the black!

locojoker
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Locojoker

Postby locojoker » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:52 pm

Hello Everyone,

Cmdr Locojoker here, 35 yr male from western USA. I work in IT Field, and usually will be on in the evenings or weekends.

I have been playing Elite off and on since beta. Recently I have been playing Eve Online while watching The Expanse.... which has left me wanting more than what Eve Online was providing me, I also ran out of things to do with PVE. I have always played solo with Elite, but was missing the chance of running into fellow humans. After a steam forum search, I found this wonderful PVE group and decided to see what it is about.

looking forward to see other CMDRs out there.

danboudin
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dan Boudin

Postby danboudin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:00 pm

Greetings fellow commanders,

I am new to the Elite Dangerous universe. In truth, new to space sims in general. Unless you count the X-Wing and Tie Fighter games from the 90s. Generally I stick to 4x and RTS style games. Something about the scope and freedom of choice within Elite Dangerous is what captured my attention.

I am here to take in the sights and build spaceships. Looking for adventure though discovery. Joining Mobius because adventure is more fun with friends. Plus convincing IRL friends to spend hours just learning how to land is not as simple.

So here I am and and here you are. This should be fun. Right?
---
CMDR Dan Boudin

SirDavosSpaceworth
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Sir Davos Spaceworth

Postby SirDavosSpaceworth » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:06 am

Hi all,

Here to introduce myself, found this group while researching some Elite Dangerous info. I always prefer PvE as I am more of the relaxed type and I like to do a lot more of industrial or cargo hauling because I find it fun and interesting.

I do enjoy playing Eve Online, did mostly mining and some exploration, never much combat. I also enjoy Euro Truck Simulator 2 as I enjoy making deliveries and expanding my business.

It seems that playing this game with a group of other players would make it even more fun, so i'm excited to join and get to know everyone.

Hope to see you out there.

Davos

ominus101
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Winter Black

Postby ominus101 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:01 am

Hi guys my CMDR name is Winter Black. I am the living embodiment of a scifi junkie no matter the media. I'm new to the Elite Dangerous world but I put in the time to get the basics down. When heard about Elite Dangerous I quickly jumped on board. I have a VR set up that has made this experience everything I could hope for but the only thing miss....is guys like you that I can fly around with.

"Flip and Burn" :D :D
CMDR Winter Black

Prometheus
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Prometheus196206
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby Prometheus » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:10 am

Hi folks,

I'm Prometheus196206 in the game. I've been a gamer since the 1970s - I was playing Pong and Space Invaders as a teenager. Now I play pretty much exclusively on the Ps4. I've only been playing Elite Dangerous for about a week.

I'm a 56 year old guy, most recently a board wargame designer in real life.

I don't usually play online games - over the years I've had way too many bad experiences with griefers. When I do play online, I usually avoid combat - I'm a lover, not a fighter. Sadly though, there aren't many games that let you play in a non-combat role. Fortunately, I found that Elite has fairly robust options for non-combat play, so I finally took the plunge and bought the game.

This is how non-combat-oriented I am: when I first booted up the game, while taking out my Sidewinder, I got jumped by an NPC pirate, so I defended myself and ended up blowing his ship up. I still feel kinda bad about that. Weird. I should have just tried running away.

I joined Mobius not really for the social play aspect (I'm not much of a joiner, to be honest), but more to support the PvE culture. And it will be nice to know that any members I run into online won't be trying to ruin my game - and they'll know I'm not going to be ruining theirs. It's a good feeling to know that people in multiplayer games can be decent.

Return to “Introductions”