lafzy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: lafzy
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

noob question about contacting F-Dev

Postby lafzy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:57 am

Hi,

I recently had an in game issue which required a ticket. Basically i needed articulation motors, completed a mission in which they were given as a reward, but a bug meant i didn't get the reward. The team were very helpful and quickly sorted out the bug and provided the missing items.

In my original email/ticket to them, I threw in that it would be nice to have a storage locker so that i could store any spare items such as sparearticulation motors, so that if they were needed in future, i wouldn't need to necessarily grind again. I would propose either renting or buying a locker at a specific station, with the purchase amount increasing as per the storage capacity needed.

I did not in any way assume that i would be the first person to raise this as it seems a fairly obvious need to me to avoid repeated grinds. The response was that my proposal was an interesting one that i should make formally to F-Dev (i had assumed that raising it in a ticket would bring it to the attention of whoever needed to consider it).

I suppose my question is two-fold - has anyone else raised this with F-Dev, in which case there is little point in me doing so again, and if not, how best to make this proposal to them?

Thanks,

CMDR Lafzy o7

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: noob question about contacting F-Dev

Postby TorTorden » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:12 am

I'm quite certain this, or something similar has been requested and mentioned to death on the main forums.

First rounds of engineering particularly caused an uproar of these sugfestions since most lvl 3 and up recipes required.
A data, material, manufactured material, and a commodity like modular terminals or articulation motors.
So if you where doing engineering then you would HAVE to have cargo slots and the fun was even doubled, considering they had something go wonky.
So when carrying engineering related cargo the game would spawn an interdicting npc 10x more often than regular..

People where clamouring for a way to store cargo commodities and I believe the main response then was, this could be used to trigger exploits or some other type even if only engineering stuff was allowed in your 'locker'.

The actual response was to remove commodities to from the regular engineering. And now they are only used mainly for unlocking engineers.
And that you can do a few units at a time.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

lafzy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: lafzy

Postby lafzy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:15 am

Ah, fair enough. That's pretty much what i thought would be the case, couldn't imagine i'd be the first to raise it. Think i will just let it lie and enjoy the game warts n' all!

Ghoden Ryama
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ghoden Ryama

Postby Ghoden Ryama » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:44 pm

https://www.frontier.co.uk/contact

Seems to be the best place to get their info, you've probably seen it when making your ticket. I'd suggest posting to all their media's, maybe you arent the first person to think of this, but if there's more and more demand behind it, it might end up being something they impliment in the future. Can't attest personally to how well f-devs take requests and ideas from their player base, but I'd hope they would. I think being able to buy up storage spots at a "home station" would be exponentially beneficial to the game, and have wished for the same thing myself at times. It would certainly make things like trading and resource gathering much better, as well who doesn't want to have a system to call home? Somewhere to come to after a bit of time of exploring or trading and just drop your things and relax a bit before going on another adventure. I know lots of people have an unofficial home station for themselves, but I think it'd add a little more depth, let's say even be able to get more space based on your trade rank, or be able to have more than one station with your exploration rank, just to have safe places to store your valuables, aid in the supply and demand of the on game economy.

Return to “General Discussion”