Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:52 pm

Guess who..............

► Show Spoiler

Interdicted by 2 Anacondas and a gunship........

Guess who won..........

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby *Al* » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:40 am

LeDoyen wrote:... been looking for pharmaceutical isolators for 6 hours in two days... not one, rien, nada.. i hope those FDerps didn't change how rares spawn and i have just been unlucky with RNGeezuss..

"We don't want to waste your time.." yea my ass.. if htat's their idea of valuable gameplay..

System in Civil whatsit, deep space about 500ly out. Give it a google

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:17 am

*Al* wrote:
LeDoyen wrote:... been looking for pharmaceutical isolators for 6 hours in two days... not one, rien, nada.. i hope those FDerps didn't change how rares spawn and i have just been unlucky with RNGeezuss..

"We don't want to waste your time.." yea my ass.. if htat's their idea of valuable gameplay..

System in Civil whatsit, deep space about 500ly out. Give it a google

It's always been in systems in outbreak state. I usually travel away from the ecliptic plane for a few thousand Ls and hack at every USS i see. They are only in high grade ones, but i need pretty much everything i can find.
So far no luck. I gave it another go yesterday for about 2 hours. Only low grade materials found. The best ones i got when i came back home, on the USS that are close to the stars when you keep jumping. I found like 2 or 3 USS in a row with grade 3 and 4 mats.

Now that i think of it i once found a high grade signature right in the middle of a system after 3.0, cant remember which... Maybe they changed the way these spawn and i"ve now been searching in the wrong direction?
Didn't they say in a stream that they would tweak that, along with the introduction of material traders?

Could just be bad luck with RNG, but i start to wonder.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:16 am

LeDoyen wrote:Now that i think of it i once found a high grade signature right in the middle of a system after 3.0, cant remember which... Maybe they changed the way these spawn and i"ve now been searching in the wrong direction?
Didn't they say in a stream that they would tweak that, along with the introduction of material traders?

Could just be bad luck with RNG, but i start to wonder.

HGE might spawn in shipping lanes and even right after jump-in these days, but that is even more rare than a regular HGE USS. If you need PI and do not want to trade them at a 6:1 ratio, hunting for HGE USS in outbreak systems is still the way to go in 3.0. However, the problem is that an old bug has returned and not every system marked as being in state outbreak on the galmap is actually spawning HGE USS with PI inside.

One part of the problem is the BGS tick and the state changes it introduces. Depending on when the system switched to outbreak state, when you logged in, and when you have jumped, the information in galmap might be inaccurate. The counter-strategy for this is to check the history of the controlling faction on ROSS (the back-end of EDDB) to see when the faction went into outbreak. If it is less than 2 days ago, there is a good chance that HGE USS with PI will not spawn.

Your game mode might also have an impact here. If you keep an eye on the Order of Mobius orders, you will see the reminder that CZ might not spawn in big private groups for the first day(s) of a war and that people should use their own private groups for winging up. This was also an issue during the current combat CG, with CZs jumping around the system from day to day. Counter-strategy is to go solo or to your own private group if the spawn rates are bad.

Relogging into the same game once you are in deep space also seems to help, but this is not a guarantee.

Another part of the problem is that the status of other faction might override the outbreak state of the controlling faction. For example, EDDB currently tells me that of all the systems in state outbreak and with allegiance independent, HR 8792 has the highest population, which would normally make it a good hunting ground for HGE USS with PI in them. However, EDSM tells me that while three faction in that system are in a state of outbreak, two others are in a state of civil war, and I have frequently seen that a war/civil war overrides the outbreak state.

There is no good counter-strategy for this. The only thing you can do is to fly to the system and check for secondary indicators before you go USS hunting. If a statement is truly in outbreak, there should be convoy POIs (note: POI, not USS!). If you do not see those in your nav panel, the system is probably not seen as really being in outbreak, and HGE with PI in them will not spawn.

Last but not least, deep space does not depend on an absolute distance value, deep space is when your panel says you are in deep space. I had some unpleasant surprises in both single star and multi-star systems where I was 20k LS or more out from the arrival star, and the panel still said "<system name>" or "<system name> AB" as area rather than deep space.

And with a very huge grain of salt because of the potential for confirmation bias: When I hunt HGE and get another type of USS (degraded, encoded, weapons fire, distress call, ceremonial comms, ...), I approach that USS at very slow speed, typically 25% throttle because there is a key binding for that value. Frequently, another USS spawns while doing this, and this is often the wanted HGE.

In summary
- use system with allegiance independent or alliance
- high population is better
- avoid systems where other factions have a war/civil war
- check for refugee convoy POI before going USS hunting
- do not rely on distance but on the "deep space" indication
- change game modes if you do not hge within 30 minutes of being in deep space
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:27 am

Thanks for all the info :)

Cometborne wrote:
And with a very huge grain of salt because of the potential for confirmation bias: When I hunt HGE and get another type of USS (degraded, encoded, weapons fire, distress call, ceremonial comms, ...), I approach that USS at very slow speed, typically 25% throttle because there is a key binding for that value. Frequently, another USS spawns while doing this, and this is often the wanted HGE.

I do this each time actually, taking several minutes to enter the USS to see what these side ones offer.

ANother tip when far in deep space is to throttle WAY down. When the ship is too fast, it will detect USS, but fly past them too, leaving no time to slow down at all until they are (immediately) gone.

bl00dh0und9
Competent
Competent
CMDR: bl00dh0und9
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby bl00dh0und9 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:27 pm

About 160 jumps from Azrael.
Then begins the tedious task of selling my data, and spreadsheeting it.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:57 pm

A-Team......Friday Night.......

Bunch of fooking wussies.............

That's all I'll say..........

Yours sincerely

Totally disgusted.........

:lol:

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Dedlite
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dedlite

Postby Dedlite » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:58 pm

Got round to access Palin - took my asp out unlock him by taking a trip to Bleia Driae HF-W B32-1.

Effnaught
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Effnaught

Postby Effnaught » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:58 pm

In the hazrez closest to Exioce 3 with guns, a SLF and a bunch of collector drones. Cash & mats from saying a special 'oh, hi' to wanted NPCs checking me out.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:23 pm

Scooped up, 100 Proto Heat Rads, 59 light alloys and 34 Radiolic alloys, including 78 Miltary Alloys and 34 Supercaps. Good haul

MATS searching for Proto and Miltary anything.
Last edited by tinnitus on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Return to “General Discussion”