Community Support for the machines running the game
Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

CH Pro Throttle Center Stop

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:25 am

Made this and mounted it to my new throttle (I don't think it voids the warranty :roll: ).

Freaking amazing having a center stop.

Even learned something - center throttle in SC is zero. Never even thought of trying that.
Attachments
cstop.jpg
cstop.jpg (160.22 KiB) Viewed 2565 times
It's time to give this another go.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Re: CH Pro Throttle Center Stop

Postby thebs » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:20 am

I just changed to absolute throttle. I don't use a reverse button, but I use a slider to go instant backwards (as well as instant forward).
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Re: CH Pro Throttle Center Stop

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:14 pm

I tried the reverse button - for a while. Half the time I couldn't tell whether I was coming or going. To be honest, even with a full throttle, I'd often find myself in reverse, thinking I was in forward, because their stupid throttle indicator that switches from the bottom of the range to the top as you go into reverse. And picking up materials in an SRV was a nightmare when I tried that. But the main thing was I didn't want to dedicate a button for it.

But even with a fairly big deadzone, the CH throttle slides so easily that I'd often find myself rocking back and forth over a landing pad or under my ship in the SRV trying to find the boarding position (even with the brake). Now I can just flick the handle, and hands-off it will go right to zero from either direction.

The only thing that was a little disconcerting was pushing past the stop in SC. It wasn't difficult, but it felt strange. But when I realized I didn't need to go all the way back, but just to the center stop, it made all throttle actions feel totally natural.

I think I'll try another for the blue-zone center, but I'm not sure it's in the same spot for all ship/thruster combinations (I think it probably is).
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “Hardware and Technical”