Riva
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Riva Silvercrown
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

saitek x52 and x55 configuration

Postby Riva » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:38 am

Hey commanders,

First of all: Merry Christmass. It seems that I've been a really good commander this year, since Santa brought me an x52 PRO. I've been testing it and it is awesome (like it better than my partner's x55 tbh). But we have faced an small issue... some buttons are not detected by ED (buttons that are on the default bindings). In my case is button "i" and the "mouse" buttons, in the x55 is only the mouse. Any idea on how to solve this? I have tried the solutions from the forum but many don't work anymore since they were done for the beta. I also have a ticket open with official support, but... it is christmass so it is being slow.

Any help will be appreciated.

Zedar
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Zedar Senesca

Re: saitek x52 and x55 configuration

Postby Zedar » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:54 am

I have an X52pro working correctly so lets see if I can help.

First lets try my OOG settings,

1) Make sure NO profile is set for the control. click the Saitek tray icon and select clear profile.
2) On the Saitek control panel. Check that clutch mode is not enabled.
MFDCP.JPG
MFDCP.JPG (50.4 KiB) Viewed 18928 times

Let us know how you get on.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:55 am

The first thing I'd do is to make sure it's not a hardware problem. I use a X55 but I assume the X52 has a similar software. From there, you can make sure those buttons are detected. If they are, the problem most likely comes from E:D.

In this case, what you can do is to assign keys to the features you want, and then use Saitek's software to "press" those keys from the button you want to use.

Good luck! :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Naruby
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Riverlione

Postby Naruby » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:06 am

I 'm using a X52Pro and don't use the X52 profile software as Elite detects the buttons and even the combinations with this 'pickle" handle.
I'm using the mouse+pickle buttons for opening the Galaxy map.

As for the (i) button that's indeed a special one. Even with the x52 software you cannot assign a function to this button.
Saitek has this 'hardwired' to the information function. If your using a X52 profile and press the (i) in combination of an other button or hat then the function description or the other key while be displayed.

Zedar
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Zedar Senesca

Postby Zedar » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:15 am

Something else I have notice and this may be my system specific, but windows does not always correctly load the drivers on bootup (incorrect colour settings on the buttons and a few other). I just have to unplug and plug the usb to fix that. Also there is information out there that says the X52 does not like USB3.0 so make sure your using a 2.0 port. Even though it seems fine in my USB3.0 ports ????

Riva
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Riva » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:24 pm

Hey guys,

thanks for all the suggestions. Will try them later today (now I have another family gathering). I tested the HW before and checked everything worked correctly, so I assume is something driver related. Will check and let you know.

Riva
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Riva » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:19 pm

It has not worked :( I'm going yo check a couple of links from saitek official webpage refered to how to configure the x52 on elite and let you guys know

Raz0rking
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Raz0rking

Postby Raz0rking » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:42 am

The only time one has to much fuel is, when one is on fire.

Riva
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Riva » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:05 am

Tried both and the recommendations at http://www.saitek.com/elitedangerous/ (that include those tutorials among others) with no luck. If something works, will let you guys know. So far, I have been able to detect the mouse button and that's all.

Riva
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Riva » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:46 am

Finally!

After much trying this is what I did:

* Downloaded latest version for drivers and saitek programer from http://www.saitek.com/elitedangerous/
* Downloaded the Elite Dangerous profile (this was out of laziness so I did not have to program all the keybindings)
* Reviewed the MFD clutch setup (after the driver update the clutch had been ticked on again)

With this, all the buttons work now. Also, for the mouse setup, movement is working now, though I'm still working on mouse button, but that worries me much less.

Thanks for all the inputs... the main issue seemed to be the SW version. Now we are going to work on the rhino, since it gives us a seg fault everytime we try to program a mode.

Return to “Hardware and Technical”