Community Support for the machines running the game
Craps
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Craps
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

I need advice on these 2 monitors

Postby Craps » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:00 pm

I have the choice of buying the LG 34UM57-P 34" IPS LCD Monitor or the 32" Samsung S32D850T 1440p Monitor. Anyone use these or has any expert input on which on would be better for ED?

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: I need advice on these 2 monitors

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Mods will prob move this to the "Hardware And Technical" board.......

You'll get more answers.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Dai
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Dai Sho

Postby Dai » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Both look to be excellent monitors based on their specs. I think either one would do you well.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
--Oddball, Kelly's Heroes

Craps
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Craps

I need advice on these 2 monitors

Postby Craps » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:31 pm

I have the choice of buying the LG 34UM57-P 34" IPS LCD Monitor or the 32" Samsung S32D850T 1440p Monitor. Anyone use these or has any expert input on which on would be better for ED?

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:58 pm

Moved from General Discussion to Hardware & Technical and merged with the topic there
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:37 pm

I have the LG 34UC97. Not the same model you are looking at, but probably similar.

I freakin' love it! I run E-D at 3440X1440 and it looks amazeballs! 8-) :D

Ultra wide monitors are awesome for additional peripheral vision range, and the clarity of this monitor is outstanding. I've had it for about a year (I think) and haven't had any issues at all.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:08 pm

I like 4K (3840x2160) because it perfectly upscales 1080p (1:2) and 720p (1:3). But it's still a lot of pixels to push for refresh, so anything but a TN panel usually has ghosting on the low-end.

I would never, ever recommend 4K for Windows usage, as Windows and its applications is still stuck in the '90s using too many bitmapped graphics. They don't use heavy vector graphics and scale like MacOS X and Linux applications have since '01 and '03, respectively. But if you get a large enough 4K for Windows, say at least 37", you might be okay.

I end up running my 28" 4K in 1080p on Windows, or an imperfect 1440p, when gaming. With Linux, using a 200ppi scaling and it looks beautiful. Even low-end LXDE (Openbox) looks just fine as it's all native GTK+, and I don't have to run a compositing desktop environment like GNOME Shell or KDE Plasma. Everyone comes in and says, "Can you make my computer look like that? I also like the classic Windows 95 bar too!" Where do I begin? ;)
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Return to “Hardware and Technical”