Community Support for the machines running the game
Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Voice Attack Problem

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:09 am

I think I've had this problem since Windows 10. I can't get VA to recognize any hotas button hot keys. I've attached a pic showing the screen, but I don't get any recognition when I press various buttons. I recently had VA get corrupted and needed to reinstall, and I ran into the problem again. I'd like to mute comms using the ED push-to-mute button (same for VA listening) while giving VA commands, and I know I had this working in the past, but not any more. Any suggestions?

VA.jpg
VA.jpg (64.71 KiB) Viewed 3759 times

Also, a question about ED push-to-mute. When I used this before, while I pushed the button other commanders could not hear what I was saying over voice comms (usually giving VA commands or coughing). What I can't remember is if it's also supposed to mute output to video recordings or other VOIP programs. I thought in the past it had muted my voice on video recordings, but it's not doing that now. I never tried it with TS or discord.

Thanks.
It's time to give this another go.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Voice Attack Problem

Postby Loriath » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:39 am

Which Hotas and are you using profiling software?
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Judson
Master
Master
CMDR: Judson

Postby Judson » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:45 am

Same happened to me, Windoze update changed the default speech engine. If I said the commands in an American accent it worked. Changed Windoze to British Speech engine and all was good.

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:58 am

Oh yes Windows. Well. Same arrogant thugs as back in 1995 it seems, even though Win 10 became much better. For me, Windows just likes to reset my keyboard mapping to whichever language it feels should mess up my typing.
Love it.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:58 pm

Loriath wrote:Which Hotas and are you using profiling software?

Thrustmaster T16000M Joystick, and I do have their software installed and used it to calibrate. It's also installed for my driving wheel. I don't use it to configure any buttons.

CH Pro Trottle. I removed the CH Manager software as it is not compatible with my Windows 10/USB ports. I still occasionally get brief throttle disconnects, but not for minutes as before. I use the Microsoft game controller program to calibrate it.

I only use in-game keybindings for setting up all the buttons. I used the throttle pinky button in the past, but now I can't get any button recognized on either controller.

I bought a new SSD back before Christmas and was going to try a Win7 installation. I may need to do that anyway if I want to get full performance out of the throttle, as the MS calibration is crap for thrusters. Not looking forward to that. :cry:

***edit***
Hmmm, just read this on the official forums.

You need to go to the options screen in VA. Near the bottom is an button titled Joystick Options, you need to go in here to enable your stick(s).

I hope it's just something that simple, but I don't recall seeing that screen.

PS. still curious about whether mute is supposed to apply only to voice comms or also video recordings and other VOIP.

Thanks.

stereoBear
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Marcus Gray

Postby stereoBear » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:
Loriath wrote:Which Hotas and are you using profiling software?

***edit***
Hmmm, just read this on the official forums.

You need to go to the options screen in VA. Near the bottom is an button titled Joystick Options, you need to go in here to enable your stick(s).

I hope it's just something that simple, but I don't recall seeing that screen.

I have the same issue with my X56, tho I had never tried pre win10 so I cannot claim that it worked... but now that you mention it I believe I once saw that option in the settings... anyway I hope this will solve this since my workaround of mapping stick buttons to keyboard keys (via saitek SW) and using those to trigger functions in VA is a bit tedious, and annoying when I try to use those keys outside the game...

Regarding the mute button... I'd bet it is confined to work inside the game only.

--

FYES it works, you need to enable and assign your joystick(s)... and I had tried that before but that was with my Extreme3D not my current one ;)

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:57 pm

Yeah, duh - working now - effing blind!

It's a little confusing as there is an enable joysticks button up on the menu bar. But you need to assign them in Options, General tab, under Keyboard Display Layout. Once I saw keyboard I apparently just skipped the next bit where it said Joystick Options. :oops:

Thanks!

bootsam
Expert
Expert
CMDR: bootsam

Postby bootsam » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:49 am

My x55 will do similar. So I just bound my hotas toggles to windows keys in the X55 config app and bound my commands in game to those window keys. So my hotas essentially became a k/b bind. So for FAOFF for example, its set as say 'C' on my Hotas. In game I bound FAOFF to 'C'. Basically fooled the damn thing. Dumb ass compooters.

possedi amabilia fasciculum coconuts

stereoBear
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Marcus Gray

Postby stereoBear » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:09 am

bootsam wrote:My x55 will do similar. So I just bound my hotas toggles to windows keys in the X55 config app and bound my commands in game to those window keys. So my hotas essentially became a k/b bind. So for FAOFF for example, its set as say 'C' on my Hotas. In game I bound FAOFF to 'C'. Basically fooled the damn thing. Dumb ass compooters.
As I said, it should work with a X55, too (my X56 is pretty much the same thing), you need to find the Joystick options in the... uhm... options and assign your stick and/or throttle to one of the two possible slots.

Even found a screenshot for you ;)

Return to “Hardware and Technical”