Community Support for the machines running the game
Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Saitek X-56 Rhino

Postby Flip » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:02 pm

The Warthog is awesome! And you know it even before you open the shipping box. :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:22 pm

See Dawg......

Now grow a fecking pair and get one.....

:lol:

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor

Postby Lanceor » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:17 am

Glad to hear that Flip! I have a feeling that a Warthog will be entering my life before long.

Taranava, sorry that your thread got hijacked , but every time one of the buttons on my Saitek starts to play up, I'm tempted to throw the whole thing in the bin and order something that won't self-destruct. :)
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:26 pm

I had the X-52, the X-52 pro an dnow I have the X-56. I prefer the x-p52 pro joystick but the the x-56 throttle is so much better.

Had no quality issues so far with none of the apart from the fact the I need to set some deadzone on the X-56 joystick.

BUT...
If the warthog had twist and yaw I would definately preferred that one over the x-56.
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:58 pm

Taranava wrote:Thanks for the input everyone! My hands are on the small side so that does factor in a bit as to whether or not this would be a comfortable fit as well as the build quality issues mentioned. Oh now this girl has some doubts. I guess I'll have some thinking to do but that's okay too since it's on back order at the nearest retailer.

Thrustmaster for the win. :) I've got the cheap T-flight HOTAS-X, and very pleased with value for money.

Taranava
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Taranava

Postby Taranava » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:28 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:Thrustmaster for the win. :) I've got the cheap T-flight HOTAS-X, and very pleased with value for money.

LOL That's the one I'm replacing. Though after seeing so many reviews on all the different setups. I think I might stick with the Thrustmaster for a little longer to see if build quality improves or another stick pops up that appeals to me more.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:43 pm

Taranava wrote:
GlobusDiablo wrote:Thrustmaster for the win. :) I've got the cheap T-flight HOTAS-X, and very pleased with value for money.

LOL That's the one I'm replacing. Though after seeing so many reviews on all the different setups. I think I might stick with the Thrustmaster for a little longer to see if build quality improves or another stick pops up that appeals to me more.

:) Unless you need a lot more switches (I don't), I wouldn't swap it for the world.
You know that it detaches right? Some don't know this. Oh, and I glued an old gamepad knob to the sticks hat switch. Made a huge comfort difference.

Taranava
Competent
Competent

Postby Taranava » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:20 am

GlobusDiablo wrote::) Unless you need a lot more switches (I don't), I wouldn't swap it for the world.
You know that it detaches right? Some don't know this. Oh, and I glued an old gamepad knob to the sticks hat switch. Made a huge comfort difference.

I use shift buttons and voice attack so it's not really a button issue but more of a desire for more analog axes and the precision of something with hall sensors.

I prefer to keep mine attached because it seems more stable that way and fortunately don't have much issue with discomfort.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:23 am

Taranava wrote:
GlobusDiablo wrote::) Unless you need a lot more switches (I don't), I wouldn't swap it for the world.

I use shift buttons and voice attack so it's not really a button issue but more of a desire for more analog axes and the precision of something with hall sensors.

I prefer to keep mine attached because it seems more stable that way and fortunately don't have much issue with discomfort.

Ah, fair enough. Happy hunting. :)

Taranava
Competent
Competent

Postby Taranava » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:45 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:Ah, fair enough. Happy hunting. :)

You too! Unless you're a feddy then may your hold be ever full of tribbles.

Return to “Hardware and Technical”