As I no longer wanted to have a sore kneck after playing ED with my X52pro placed on my desk I decided to work on a solution to mount stick and throttle to my office chair.
As I had removed the armrests of my chair a view years back I could not use those but the mounting holes and screws of the armrests were still available so I worked from there simply placing a hardwood board where the armrests have been. As I also use the desk and chair for work I needed a way to fast and easy remove the mount when not needed. Due to that I decided to make the base for the stick/throttle removeable by simple sliding it on held by three metal brackets. The metal brackets are only bolted to the base but not to the hardwood board that is bolted to the chair. The friction between metal brackets and hardwood board is enough to hold it firmly together.
After playing around alittle with the right height of the hardwood board and the position of the bases I treated it all with a little black paint to fit the chair and added a layer of foamed rubber to the bases to prevent stick and throttle from sliding of the base. I could have bolted stick and throttle directly to the base but my I initially cut the bases to the size of the x52pro but did not calculate the place for the metal bracket resulting that one of the two mounting holes were blocked by the bracket.
Actually it is an perfact example of "it's not a bug, it's a feature" as I now can use the base for any other equipment like for example a drumpad or keypad or whatever.
Long story short my early proof of concept turned out to be an easy to build, inexpensive and "multifunctional" solution that even my wife approves (and we know how important that is
Here are a view pictures of the last fitting phase and final assembly.