Community Support for the machines running the game
buksida
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Levenson
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Black screen crash on hyper jump

Postby buksida » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:20 am

Been playing E:D for about a year now without a glitch. About a week ago I started getting black screen crashes only when I jump to another system. By crash I mean total machine freeze, the only way out of it is to pull the plug, ctrl+alt+del does nothing though I can still hear the audio.

I haven't changed any hardware or software, though E:D itself has probably been updated which maybe the cause.

I've scoured the forums, most of which blame Nvidia drivers - I'm using an AMD R7 250X, latest Radeon drivers, version 16.8.3. They also suggested under-clocking the GPU a little so I tried that to no avail.

I've opened a ticket with Frontier but it takes days to answer. Anyone else had this issue, any suggestions on what else to try gratefully appreciated!

buksida
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Levenson

Re: Black screen crash on hyper jump

Postby buksida » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:51 am

In case anyone else has this issue (I cant be the only one) and stumbles across this post via searching, I tried a number of different things and the only one that worked was uninstalling all AMD software and rolling back the graphics driver to version 15.12.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Re: Black screen crash on hyper jump

Postby thebs » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:50 pm

I just updated my nVidia drivers. I'm getting out-of-memory errors faster than ever before. I also have the connection timeouts more often, and I verified my Internet and pings were just fine.

I honestly think it's Frontier's code at this point.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Return to “Hardware and Technical”