Community Support for the machines running the game
Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: X 55 Throttle

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:15 pm

Nemetos wrote:Try this Flip ... you'll have to download the file, then import it to VA.
There are only 2 commands on there, but if you go into it and look at the commands, you will get the idea.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ljEw ... sp=sharing

Thanks a lot, Nemetos! However I'm not using Voice Attack, so I'm sorry you had to export and upload that file for me. I hope it will be useful to someone else. :oops:

Sorry my question wasn't clearer but I was at work and didn't have much time. So let's try again:

I understand you can get Voice Attack to press hot keys, so for example if you set Ctrl+L to open the left panel, Ctrl+Right-Arrow to switch to the next tab, Ctrl+Down-Arrow to select the next item and Ctrl+Return to validate the selection, you could trigger the command by having VA press Ctrl+L, Ctrl+Right-Arrow twice, Ctrl+Down-Arrow twice and Ctrl+Return. But this assumes the left panel opens on the first tab. What if it opens on the second or the third one?

Or does it always open on the first tab when you use the key to open it? (It opens on the last tab you used when you use TrackIR.)

Thanks again, mate!
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Nemetos
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Nemetos

Postby Nemetos » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:15 pm

No probs Flip. I actually learned something from uploading it ... so a bonus :D :D

Yes, you're correct ... VA will open the left panel, and it will be on the last tab that you had opened.
That's the problem , and why I had to do a "request again" command - which is different from the first, as I had to modify it from its last position from actually requesting docking.

However ...
The other month ago I was chatting to Cmdr Dizzy B High ... he's in the group, but not the Forum.
He's done some work with it with conditions or variables .
It's bloody good ... and adds a lot more to VA.

Unfortunately ... Ive not been able to give it 100% to get my head around actually doing my own.

I'm posting the link to the Thread on the on the Forum ... makes good reading.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=41714

Also ... he explains it on his vid here .
http://youtube.com/v/ZlXezZeOD4E

I found it really useful ... just need to take the time to do it !!
Cheers !! :)

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:07 pm

I understand why you need two commands, now. :)

Thanks for the link and the vid! Indeed, that looks good. And the feature that allows VA to listen to the keyboard and update variables accordingly is pretty neat! But you have to be careful if you want it to be bullet proof, in E:D. Because keeping the current state of each panel in a variable and referring to it for each action only works until the tab changes behind VA's back, so to speak. And it can happens: each time you enter SC, E:D switches the left panel to the first tab even if it's closed. So you'd also have to have VA listening to the jump command and update the variable of the left panel accordingly. And who knows how many similar cases there are.

It'd be so much easier for everybody if Frontier added the request docking command to options>controls! Or even better, if they managed to come up with a UI that allowed to give a different hot key or button to each tab and each command, and still be usable. It's a shame game UI's usually suck. :roll:

Edit: BTW, it occurs to me that most of these VA tricks wouldn't work well for TrackIR users, because to be able to open the panels with the hot keys, we have to pause the TrackIR first. And that takes a few seconds. :(
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:25 pm

Would be nice a docking bind......

I had a docking macro on powergrid......

When you come out of supercruise you are always on the first Nav tab.....

So as long as I did not forget and look at anything else it always worked...

Pausing Trackir of course....................

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “Hardware and Technical”