Community Support for the machines running the game
Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Just Got Win 10 - Now I'm Effed!

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:45 pm

Well, the disc didn't come today (Netflix is so slow these days I'll have to cancel), so I tried some of the suggestions. Running VA and TrackIR as administrator has them working. Thanks. :)

I've always auto hidden the taskbar, but I've set it to not hide. In limited testing, I haven't had it disappear, so that's good. But it has become unresponsive a couple times, but not since I've stopped messing with updating drivers, so hopefully it will stay working now.

I haven't gotten SLI working yet. I've tried updating the drivers, then d/l and installing 368.39 from several weeks ago, that people on the main forums said was working, and also played with some of the settings, but no dice so far. I guess the next step is to try even older drivers. :(

The odd thing about SLI is that it does have some affect. With a single card, the main menu has glowing text, and with two it is more crisp, but no real difference in FPS.
It's time to give this another go.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:53 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Well, the disc didn't come today (Netflix is so slow these days I'll have to cancel), so I tried some of the suggestions. Running VA and TrackIR as administrator has them working. Thanks. :)
I've always auto hidden the taskbar, but I've set it to not hide. In limited testing, I haven't had it disappear, so that's good. But it has become unresponsive a couple times, but not since I've stopped messing with updating drivers, so hopefully it will stay working now.

Explorer.EXE is utterly bloated and f'd now. Although Classic Shell, Start8/10 and others help, they still don't remove the root issue. It's made even worse on a Server, but that's another story. I mean, a driver should not crash the panel or taskbar, but that's Explorer's "advanced" design.

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:I haven't gotten SLI working yet. I've tried updating the drivers, then d/l and installing 368.39 from several weeks ago, that people on the main forums said was working, and also played with some of the settings, but no dice so far. I guess the next step is to try even older drivers. :(
The odd thing about SLI is that it does have some affect. With a single card, the main menu has glowing text, and with two it is more crisp, but no real difference in FPS.

I stopped doing SLI a long time ago, and just buy at least the "x60 Ti" or "x70" nVidia card. Now that I'm playing a higher-end title like Elite with VR, I've gone the top-end route, at least when it's finally on-sale.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:07 pm

I installed drivers from January and still no FPS increase with SLI. Thanks Windows.

This will just encourage me to get a GTX-1080 sooner than I get VR, but I'm still getting 60 FPS with the GTX-970 with 1x super sampling, so no real hurry.
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “Hardware and Technical”