Community Support for the machines running the game
thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Saitek X56

Postby thebs » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:20 pm

Xebeth wrote:Well the X-55 has finally gone the way of so many, one of the throttle buttons doesn't work when the throttle is back, and when it is fully forward many strange things happen.
Anyway, back it goes too be replaced with an X-56, let's hope it's not a dog.
In the meantime it's back to the HOTAS-X

I purposely kept a copy of my old HOTAS-X 'config' file for this reason, even if it I had to update it once.
Although now I have a backup X-56, so if my X-56 ever goes again ... ;)
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:47 pm

Well currently not sure if I'm ever going to get an X-56 or even my X-55 back. I sent it before the sale of Saitek to Logitech was announced, everything was fine, had an RMA number, was told that once processed I'd be sent and X-56 as a replacement.

Now however the last correspondence I got was that Logitech are now handling customer support and Mad Catz closed my ticket, they are now not answering my emails.

Have posted on the Logitech support forum and emailed Logitech support, but no response so far.

Since posting, two more people have added that they are in the same situation, they sent their HOTAS to the address given by Mad Catz and now no one is telling them what is going on.

I have all the email traffic and proof of receipt (as do the other two people) so we'll see what happens, but not looking too good at the moment.

I can see a letter to trading standards coming!
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:04 pm

Just got mine. First impressions are positive except that the throttle is way too stiff. And the nipples seem very easy to break.

Still struggling with key bindings. Hardpoint deployment needs to be rethought.... Almost got me killed
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius

Postby Schmobius » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:58 am

I like the throttle stiff, but the wheel on the side should adjust that... Should be able to loosen it to be downright floppy if you want.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:56 am

Xebeth wrote:Have posted on the Logitech support forum and emailed Logitech support, but no response so far.

Typical for Logitech these days, I'm afraid. Your best chance is to call their support hotline and grill them until you get a satisfactory solution.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:22 am

Cometborne wrote:
Xebeth wrote:Have posted on the Logitech support forum and emailed Logitech support, but no response so far.

Typical for Logitech these days, I'm afraid. Your best chance is to call their support hotline and grill them until you get a satisfactory solution.

Did that this morning, at least I have a Logitech case number now, and I'm assured that it's being forwarded to the people dealing with the Saitek cases.

It was clear from talking to the guy on the phone that the minions in the support centre are as in the dark as the rest of us, I also get the feeling I was just talking to an outsourced call centre.

That said, the guy was very apologetic and said it was a bit confused as they catch up with the Saitek stuff.

I'll give it a few days and then contact them again.

pargyrak
Master
Master

Postby pargyrak » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:52 am

I have loosen the throttle all the way down but the difference is minimal.
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:30 pm

pargyrak wrote:I have loosen the throttle all the way down but the difference is minimal.

If it's anything like the X-55, then it'll free up after a week or so, just move it back and forth when ever you can, and keep it in the center when not in use.

It's the grease they use, it tends to be a bit OTT.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:47 pm

Xebeth wrote:
pargyrak wrote:I have loosen the throttle all the way down but the difference is minimal.

If it's anything like the X-55, then it'll free up after a week or so, just move it back and forth when ever you can, and keep it in the center when not in use.
It's the grease they use, it tends to be a bit OTT.

My X-56 took me a bit more to 'break in' than the X-55 prior. But it's much better now.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

pargyrak
Master
Master

Postby pargyrak » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:34 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I guess it will give my left hand a workout :)
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Return to “Hardware and Technical”