Community Support for the machines running the game
Malphator
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Malphator
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

T.Flight binds file?

Postby Malphator » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:49 pm

I've finally managed to snag myself a weekend off, and figured I'd try to use as much of it as possible to practice at the HOTAS I've been sitting on for far too long. One of my biggest hurdles is a control scheme, after getting so used to the keyboard and mouse all this time. :D

Can anyone share their .binds file for their T.Flight? I need a better starting point than the one Frontier offers. :lol:

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Re: T.Flight binds file?

Postby Avago-Earo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:59 pm

When I get time I'll post them here as I can't remember the numbers for the buttons on the T-Flight. Also if I did a screen shot it would lead to confusion as some of the bindings for my second controller (used for more buttons and thumbsticks (PS3)) have the same name.
"Wibble"

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar

Postby Feldspar » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:20 pm

Malphator wrote:I've finally managed to snag myself a weekend off, and figured I'd try to use as much of it as possible to practice at the HOTAS I've been sitting on for far too long.

Sounds painful.

No, I don't have anything constructive to add, I've been at the wine.

Hengest
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Hengest

Postby Hengest » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:42 pm

I use one I found on the FD forums by someone called Crab. I really like it although it took a couple of hours to get used to. It uses a couple of buttons as shift keys to increase the possibilities.

I noticed a few people having issues after trying to install it after the last update but I have had no issues. Not sure if it is just them or an issue that needs resolving.

Anyway, been very happy with this setup so that is my recommendation. My button 5 broke today so have to wait for Amazon to replace it.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71532

Ev Tankero
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Ev Tankero

Postby Ev Tankero » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:53 pm

Well...
not "painful" at all, I think.
I have the ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X and I have abused the basic work by 'Smacker' (which can be found on the FD Elite Forums quite easily) in order to modify the bindings by Smacker more to _my_ likings.

Here I try to paste the file of _my_ bindings file on this forum, in the form of a spoiler... I hope it works "as intended"
► Show Spoiler

Cmdr M... I hope you will see that I have not y e t defined a function for the _debug/selfie camera_, for example. So, I wish that You will 1. first load my bindings file as a very very base for Your bindings, and 2. in a not so very dangerous surroundings of the game itself... 3. test and ADJUST the settings/bindings to YOUR likings, ok? :)

One other thing I found out, after having "suffered" from an update to the Elite Dangerous, by the FD, was that the bindings file of my altered settings were overwritten if they were saved in the original folder of the settings.

edit: in fact the update process seems to overwrite the configuration files found with exactly a same name.

So, You _should_ name Your (hopefully backed up?) file of bindings under a bit different of a name, obviously. And I suggest that You, before You make any changes to Your original file of TM T.Flight Hotas X -file, You ... BACK UP that file with a different name, m'kay? :)
In fact, the actual file of bindings seems to be read from ... not the very folder of the game itself but from the "local user of the environment".
I remember having seen further advice on that matter in the thread of these _tedious_ bindings.

Ev Tankero
Last edited by Ev Tankero on Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:11 pm

1 = Fire 1 (primary fire button)
2 = Fire 2 (either set to Shield Cell or KWS depending on ship)
3 = Chaff
4 = Target Select
5 = Select Previous Subsystem (the Power Plant is always closer to the bottom of the list)/UI panel right
6 = Fire Group/UI panel left
7 = Hyperspace
8 = UI focus
9 = Boost
10 = FA Off (hold not toggle)
Left base button = weapon deploy/retract
Right base button = Shield Cell
Joystick twist = yaw
Rocker switch = left/right thrusters
Hat = power distribution/select UI panel when 8 is held down

► Show Spoiler
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Siobhan
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Shivvi

Postby Siobhan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:43 am

Malphator
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Malphator

Postby Malphator » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:38 am

Thanks a bunch, everyone!

I'll dive into all this later this afternoon. Right now I just want to get my game on! Haha.

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:41 pm

I use Crab's T Flight setup. It's a good idea to find or make one that you can use without needing the keyboard, because one day we will all be glying with VR headsets, and it's better to get used to it sooner.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:10 am

I am going to toss in my T-Flight HOTAS X bindings as well. Its based on SM's bindings that were put on the ED Forums by Crab. Here is the layout:
Smackers T-HOTAS Bindings.jpg
Smackers T-HOTAS Bindings.jpg (48.17 KiB) Viewed 12064 times

TMHotasXModsSM.zip
(2.52 KiB) Downloaded 1118 times
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Return to “Hardware and Technical”