Community Support for the machines running the game
Normal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: XEDIOUS
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

A file has failed to load........

Postby Normal » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:10 pm

I get this error message randomly after a hyperspace jump.
'A file has failed to load after multiple attempts as Direct3D cannot lock a buffer'

This error code only occurs when I'm using graphic drivers from the manufacture's website (Asus) because the latest drivers offered by the Intel website are not optimized for my laptop, poor performance, unresponsive apps, longer boot time, etc. Overall the game works fine without any lag issues and playing on the lowest graphics settings. I opened a ticket for this but they always ignore me by saying my device doesn't meet the requirement and they can not help any further. So I did some search and saw on multiple threads that OC GPU or a secondary monitor can cause this error. But my GPU isn't OC or I don't have a secondary monitor. I have the horizon DLC.

Intel Core i3- 8130U
8GB of RAM
1TB HDD
Intel UHD 620 Graphics
Windows 10
Attachments
Screenshot (298).png
Screenshot (298).png (183.21 KiB) Viewed 10126 times
Capture.PNG
Error Code
Capture.PNG (47.97 KiB) Viewed 10126 times

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Re: A file has failed to load........

Postby Zetr0 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:10 pm

Greetings Commander Normal -o7-

From my simple investigations, I noticed that this is common issue with this Graphics Adapter ( Intel UHD 620 ) sadly this is common on Intel equipped Laptops.

The buffer referes to the Screen, I suspect, being a laptop that it has an non VESA output ( something like 1366 x 768 ) - you might get more luck by changing the screen mode of the game ( when it does load ) - alternatively you could look into installing additional D3D libraries for your card, a good google might help here.

Good luck Commander -o7-

FUNKY BUNCH
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: FUNKY BUNCH

Postby FUNKY BUNCH » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:23 pm

Sorry to hear any fellow player is experiencing grief. I have an Asus, and was experiencing micro lags, and the wireless Xbox controller receiver would not be recognised. I worked out through a lot of trial and no result that the driver for the Intel graphics was stopping the wireless controller receiver, after installing the Asus driver to replace the windows Intel graphics driver the receiver started working, would never have thought they were related.

Micro lags vanished when I limited frame rate to 30 fps, I have a nvidea get 960, and I consider the game running at bare minimum for what it sho7ld look like, If your running a lower card perhaps try winding everything to the lowest possible setting then gradually turning things up. If you have done that already, then maybe try a higher range and working back, to see if you can I'd a mix where the error stops.

Strange things can happen until you hopefully find a setting where they don't, wish I could be more help. I think your graphics card and ram may be a bit too low, but i am no expert by any means.

Normal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: XEDIOUS

Postby Normal » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:10 am

FUNKY BUNCH wrote:Sorry to hear any fellow player is experiencing grief. I have an Asus, and was experiencing micro lags, and the wireless Xbox controller receiver would not be recognised. I worked out through a lot of trial and no result that the driver for the Intel graphics was stopping the wireless controller receiver, after installing the Asus driver to replace the windows Intel graphics driver the receiver started working, would never have thought they were related.

Micro lags vanished when I limited frame rate to 30 fps, I have a nvidea get 960, and I consider the game running at bare minimum for what it sho7ld look like, If your running a lower card perhaps try winding everything to the lowest possible setting then gradually turning things up. If you have done that already, then maybe try a higher range and working back, to see if you can I'd a mix where the error stops.

Strange things can happen until you hopefully find a setting where they don't, wish I could be more help. I think your graphics card and ram may be a bit too low, but i am no expert by any means.

Yeah, this graphic card is useless, and because it's an onboard card I can't upgrade it I believe. I'm no expert on hardware so I don't about that. I'll try something, thanks for the help anyway.

Return to “Hardware and Technical”