Community Support for the game and it's features
Sasquen
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Sasquen
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Thoughts on the ASP

Postby Sasquen » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:49 pm

Just fitted the first few megre upgrades to my shiney new ASP, namely the weapons, and I am truely impressed, it already out performs my pimped up Cobra. Sure it gets a little hot and its hull is a bit squishy at the moment without the hardeners, but in combat its just as manouverable; the weapons alignment is far far better and few things resist twin medium beams.

Ive named her Toad One due to the number above the cockpit and the croaks and warbles she makes in flight :)

Sendraks
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Sendraks

Postby Sendraks » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:27 am

highlightshadow wrote:Do u use 2 class 1 beams? Then the class 2&1 multis?

I use class 3 class one pulses and 2 class 2 multis+1 small just for the symmetry. I like the extra power the medium multis have against hulls, especially on large ships where they incur less of a penalty than small multis. For vessels the size of the Cobra or smaller, the 3 small pulses are plenty sufficient to chew through the hull.

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Postby Emanon » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:38 am

I love my Asp. No weapons, many D rated components except for the important ones, like the A5 FSD. It's an amazing, open cockpit view that can jump 36 lys unburdened. I giggled happily to myself when I saw all my lanes open up on the galaxy map after buying the best possible FSD and being able to jump from Shinrarta (Founders World) to Sol in 2 jumps!
CMDR Emanon

Miller
Novice
Novice
CMDR: MillerTheWanderer

Postby Miller » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:46 pm

The boosting sound alone is worth buying imo :D

Unfortunately I plan to sell the Asp and get the T7 asap to gain even more credits trading.
Will fully kit out an Asp to explore when I feel like I have enough money.

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:02 am

i built another Asp last night with a 30Ly jump range, she's now on a short exploration journey - only 1,000Ly out, in a pie-wedge shaped track - just to fill in a few blanks. there's still quite a few unexplored systems relatively close to the populated part of the galaxy, so i'm going to chart some of those.

i found myself in a large sector full of brown dwarves, watching my fuel level get lower and lower... but finally located an A class system to refuel in, and am deep scanning that currently
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Emanon
Master
Master

Postby Emanon » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:52 am

clivewil wrote:i built another Asp last night with a 30Ly jump range, she's now on a short exploration journey - only 1,000Ly out, in a pie-wedge shaped track - just to fill in a few blanks. there's still quite a few unexplored systems relatively close to the populated part of the galaxy, so i'm going to chart some of those.

i found myself in a large sector full of brown dwarves, watching my fuel level get lower and lower... but finally located an A class system to refuel in, and am deep scanning that currently

Stay safe out there!
CMDR Emanon

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:34 am

Emanon wrote:Stay safe out there!

thanks, i made it back alive. also made a million, got a few firsts, and got to Trailblazer rank, so all in all - a successful trip.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Emanon
Master
Master

Postby Emanon » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:35 pm

clivewil wrote:
Emanon wrote:Stay safe out there!

thanks, i made it back alive. also made a million, got a few firsts, and got to Trailblazer rank, so all in all - a successful trip.

Yeah, I think I've had my share of fun fighting, especially in my new shiny Vulture, but the Asp is calling me to venture out again to add to my first discoveries and enjoy the solace of space! My problem is I get caught in the trap of scanning EVERYTHING even if its already discovered just for the experience and extra cash so one big system can take a long time!
CMDR Emanon

bulletstop
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: bulletstop

Postby bulletstop » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:41 am

I love my asp. Soon I will be headed to the black. Only need 10 million more to finish my upgrades. Yea, I know it will be a little heavy but it will still get almost 30 ly empty. However I Am Really Itching To Hit The black.
On topic I have not looked back once I got it. Yes I reboot the Cobra but that is a back up, lol. However I did recommend it. Nothing like melting pies shields and hull right after they interdiction, lol. It has great views and handles very well for a large ship.. Fly safe commanders..

Bullet

Sozzac
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Sozzac

Postby Sozzac » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:16 pm

I removed the cargo on the asp and only use it to regain sanity after some runs in the T7.

Been testing diff guns and missiles

So far 2 beams small 2 small and 2 medium multiguns seem to best option for me.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”