Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Avon Sakker
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Galaxy Map - Manually Plot Route

Postby Avon Sakker » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:37 am

Hi,
[Still quite new to the game so this may be a dumb question!]

Is there any in the galaxy map to manually plot a multi-hop route taking in nearby systems that I want to visit.

I'm currently out on my first real exploration mission and found this little run of stars (a little below the California Nebula) and just for the hell of it I thought I'd take a run down the line.

Many of the systems are only a couple of ly apart the GalMap misses many of them out.
At present, I'm having to do single jumps from system to system when I'd like to select numerous systems and have it plot a route along that line.

Thanks .....

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: Galaxy Map - Manually Plot Route

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:49 am

I don't know of a way to create a route with specific systems in it, but here are a few ideas that you can try....

On your Gal Map, 4th tab (the header looks like 5 small stars) on the menu, switch Map View Configuration to Star Type and select only the star types that the desired systems have.

The go to the 2nd tab on the Gal Map menu (looks like three balls with lines between them), in the Jump Data section you could try Economical Routes, and you could also move your Cargo Mass slider way up to limit your jump range.

Those changes will shorten your jumps and take you to only desired system types. That should at least narrow it down some for you.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Avon Sakker
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Avon Sakker

Postby Avon Sakker » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:02 pm

Thanks .......
Not quite what I was hoping looking for but those options might get me close and at least I know I wasn't missing anything obvious.

Ideally, I wanted to ask it to do something like plot a course from System 1 to System 10 via 3, 5, 6 and 8

I think I'll send Lakon Spaceways some customer feedback asking why my nav computer can't deal with user-defined waypoints and point out that well over a thousand years ago there was a thing called google maps that had a 'directions' feature that could do exactly that! :lol:

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:08 pm

I believe they had to set up a comms channel that's used exclusively for this very topic.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”