Community Support for the game and it's features
tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

SRV Lights out

Postby tinnitus » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:39 am

How do a Commander change the default setting for the SRV Lights from default On to off. Not that ON is a big deal but when your sneaking around for a planetary outpost mission and need to take a quick break after exiting when you re-enter the game your lights make you visible. Hope I missed something in control setting as opposed to no it is not possible.
Regards
Last edited by tinnitus on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

rxay579
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: rxay579

Re: SRV Lights out

Postby rxay579 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:34 am

I've scoured the game options and I haven't seen any settings (in game or in the menus) to set a default for SRV lights (or night vision now). If anyone knows how to do that (or needs their official E:D suggestion bumped), let us know.

Not great for immersion, but as far as I've been able to tell, lights don't seem to alert anything anywhere.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:03 am

They are a three mode button.

Off-normal-hi it cycles.

A point though.
Npcs don't care, they see you no matter what.

You can be pitch black in the pitch black.
An anaconda flying over you will still nail you with plasma's and rails at 1k+ if its triggered into engage mode.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:19 pm

Yeah always thought that that was unfair - I'll just pretend that the lights are off. Thanks for checking rxay579 be nice to have that option. Thanks for your feedback TorTorden I've been playing too much reading things that are not there.

I've been playing with NPC interdiction - accepting a couple of those 3t cargo runs for 1.5 to 2 million your almost certain to get interdicted. I try to spot the NPC on sensors and maneuver to keep the NPC off my 6 but as soon has the NPC has a shot the interdicting dance begins. It is fun, I'm not complaining but when your in the Black be great if that could work for ya.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Return to “Gameplay and Features”