fadingtrails
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: fadingtrails
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Combat Aftermath (Threat 1): How to?

Postby fadingtrails » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:51 am

Hey everyone,

I've been farming USS lately and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to be doing inside Combat Aftermath (Threat 1).

You get a voiced message from an "Unidentified Contact" saying they want your help salvaging data. There's either a black box or an Anaconda with 0% Hull Strength. Picking up the black box starts an automated encryption process that ultimately fails; using a data link scanner on the Anaconda has the same result.

The "Unidentified Contact" ends up scolding me about being selfish in both cases. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Combat Aftermath (Threat 1): How to?

Postby TorTorden » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:51 am

Sounds broke.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby tinnitus » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:03 pm

You can locate Combat Aftermath 0 close to a Rare rate any other Threat levels I give it a miss, CAM Level old style you can pick up Chemical Manipulator I had 5 figured another 10 to get want I needed well fuck 85 in a couple hours. Appears to me that the old/new intel on MATS still work but getting hits in Systems are low security, Lawless population less that 200k. There is enough Convoys USS spread out from Quince to Ceos got to me a big war a coming I've waiting since Dec for a Sector to BOOM been getting Intel but it is not changing.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Norwin Palmer
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Norwin Palmer

Postby Norwin Palmer » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:41 pm

You can go into the contacts panel and find a new message where you can accept to help or reject. Nothing will proceed forward until you have selected one of those.

Distress calls work much the same way, you can repair their ship without accepting the mission but nothing special will happen and you will not gain any credit for doing so.

In general if you get confusing messages like this try checking the contact panel for more info.

p.s. The message will be under the comms text feed tab not the inbox tab (where I would expect to find it) and is a bit of a pain to access so not altogether obvious or user friendly.
Last edited by Norwin Palmer on Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:03 pm

yeah spent most of the last couple days harvesting CAM (T1) it plays out like you said. I usually do them just for something different while doing a Combat Aftermath (Threat 1) 3 NPC appeared so close and firing at me took my shields down just before my HWake which I forgot to lock in. First time that occurred in a long time.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Return to “Gameplay and Features”