Community Support for the game and it's features
tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Somke on the station

Postby tinnitus » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:19 pm

Interesting that when I set E:D in game "VR" Graphic settings high to Ultra I get smoke inside the stations but stop using VR crank it max and all is awesome. I do have the NVIDIA 1080TI and this rig Ryzen 1800x. May be time for the kid to give me back my Intel Game machine. Searching for a post where gamer put most of the load on the NVIDIA CTRL Panel using the same CPU, can't locate it.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Somke on the station

Postby TorTorden » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:38 pm

It's probably a combination of ambient occlusion or volumetric effects.

Don't use the presets they are various kinds of wacka-doo and I would sometime like to be as high as the guy who made the VR presets cause he must have been utterly gone.

Click the + sign and tweak your own settings.

Pretty much the only difference between VR low and VR ultra is ambient occlusion set to medium and supersampling, the SS variety not hmd-q.

Guess which two settings everyone in the VR forums agree doesn't do much ?

Particularly ambient occlusion is really heavy on the gpu for very little benefit in VR.
And supersampling is best set out of game.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Somke on the station

Postby tinnitus » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:56 pm

Yeah think I recall you writing this before on another site in great detail. I really do not know what occurred because all is good again without any action on my side other than connection errors this morning and a force cold start. Thanks Tor.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Return to “Gameplay and Features”