Community Support for the game and it's features
Kosh
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: kosh starglider
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

How to avoid ship scans?

Postby Kosh » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:26 pm

REcently I lost a shp from police because I had had a illegal passenger. How can I avoid at first to transport illegal passengers? and how do I avoid ship scans?

Capricos
Novice
Novice
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: How to avoid ship scans?

Postby Capricos » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:36 pm

Be aware that you are illegal in some capacity, for starters. I assure you, we've all flown into a system and didn't realize we were hauling something illegal.
So, you're aware you have illegal goods or passengers, which means focus and make a bee-line for the dock.
IF you get scanned, drop a heat sink. You scan signature diminishes as your heat does. Unless you're out there looking to pull up next to local security and have a chat, you'll be in the dock, usually, before you get scanned. However, again, if you hear the "scan detected," immediately drop a heat sink and just get yourself docked. Illegal goods are not a time for docking computers.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 pm

Kosh wrote:REcently I lost a shp from police because I had had a illegal passenger. How can I avoid at first to transport illegal passengers? and how do I avoid ship scans?

Typically, illegal passengers are the "Criminal Mastermind" missions. There may be others, too. It's been a while since I've done PAX. The mission description should tell you if they're going to be illegal, mission fail on scan, etc. Keep an eye on that stuff before you accept the mission.

And as for breaking the scan, do what Capricos said. Heat sinks are your friend. :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Kosh
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: kosh starglider

Postby Kosh » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:09 pm

Thx guys :)