Community Support for the game and it's features
CasualGard
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CasualGard
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: How do I know what to ask for?

Postby CasualGard » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:15 am

It does? Cool! I've got the EDMC running and Inara, but rarely used it for much. Used EDDB for trading tho.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:07 am

You have to setup the market connector with an Inara Api key for it to start pushing data.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Valakai
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Valakai

Postby Valakai » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:00 am

CasualGard wrote:Thanks guys! I'm down with the kinda "basic setup" of a ship. I usually know what to a-grade and what not to.
My 'conda is kind of a boring ship. It's like trying to do a dirt bike course in a tank (or feels like). I usually tank with it for lower lvl friends or just do cargo hauls. The chieftan is actually a cool bounty hunting thing. Not as powerful I think (like an FDL), but it zippy and fun to fly.
But there we are again. I think there's something I miss out on. If I try to bounty another conda+ size ship with a "high level" NPC, I get the crap shot out of me... Why?
And how and where do you actually find the stuff you need for engineering. Some are simple, i know, but without googling the crap out of every material - Is there a "in game" way of finding out?

It could the resistances on your shields, could be the overall strength of your shields, are you "getting shot", when you could be using the manoeuvrability of the Chieftan to dodge incoming fire, and stay in an enemies "blind spot".

Admittedly I don't own a 'conda, I do have a Corvette though, and I remember when I first got that, being horrified at its pitch, yaw and roll rates. BUT, now I've 95% engineered it (thrusters, weapons, shields, etc), its a totally different ship. And so much fun to fly around in HAZRES zones.

CasualGard
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CasualGard » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:03 pm

I'll grind some cash to get the last A-gear on my conda and then I'll try some engineering =)

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:24 pm

Valakai wrote:
CasualGard wrote:Thanks guys! I'm down with the kinda "basic setup" of a ship. I usually know what to a-grade and what not to.
My 'conda is kind of a boring ship. It's like trying to do a dirt bike course in a tank (or feels like). I usually tank with it for lower lvl friends or just do cargo hauls. The chieftan is actually a cool bounty hunting thing. Not as powerful I think (like an FDL), but it zippy and fun to fly.
But there we are again. I think there's something I miss out on. If I try to bounty another conda+ size ship with a "high level" NPC, I get the crap shot out of me... Why?
And how and where do you actually find the stuff you need for engineering. Some are simple, i know, but without googling the crap out of every material - Is there a "in game" way of finding out?

It could the resistances on your shields, could be the overall strength of your shields, are you "getting shot", when you could be using the manoeuvrability of the Chieftan to dodge incoming fire, and stay in an enemies "blind spot".

Admittedly I don't own a 'conda, I do have a Corvette though, and I remember when I first got that, being horrified at its pitch, yaw and roll rates. BUT, now I've 95% engineered it (thrusters, weapons, shields, etc), its a totally different ship. And so much fun to fly around in HAZRES zones.

Agreed, getting some resists on your main shields and boosters will help a lot.
Also just getting DD lvl 3 on a combat ships makes a world of difference, Farseer can do this, unlocking Palin might be a bit of a pain.
PS:
For unlocking Marvo Qwent, go look for the "Road to riches" and sell exploration data at a station owned by the sirius corporation.
This makes you allied very quickly.

As for a quick engineering start line.
I would do Farseer first.
FSD to max and Dirty drives to "good enough", maybe even some light power plant work.
Then the dweller, who does power distributors, also good to get, huge boost to DPS or recharge on everything.
I use high recharge across the three systems myself, and since I also prefer bi-weave shields that's a great boon to both tanking and dps.
It does require manually managing power pip's a lot during combat though.

Then Lei Chung and shields.
He requires having traded at 50 markets so if you haven't done a fair amount of that, it could be a bit of a slog.
"Trading" as far as the game is concerned does not mean having to make a profit, just simply dock and sell a unit of whatever.
I just filled up on something cheap, and set my course to him at economic, and docked and traded at each station.
Had filled the requirement before I was 2\3 of the way.
Was tedious though.

None of this is Get done NOW ! Focus on what's fun enough and take your time, but perhaps keep your long term goals in the back of your mind.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

CasualGard
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CasualGard » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:27 pm

Thanks guys <3 helt supert!

Return to “Gameplay and Features”