Community Support for the game and it's features
tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

USS Scaning

Postby tinnitus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:12 am

Hello Guys and Gals, Oops that is another dude, anyway I thought E:D 3.0 provided us the ability to see inside USSources, a good feature but not implement unless I am doing it wrong be nice if we could tag a couple USS ( a temp bookmark)so that we could check them later like time-to-live 15 or 20 minutes.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: USS Scaning

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:15 pm

Well, they kind of tell you what is inside - coded emissions, weapons fire, convoy dispersal ... but they are not persistent so no use tagging them. The non-persistence of most things is very frustrating in ED.
It's time to give this another go.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby tinnitus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:42 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Well, they kind of tell you what is inside - coded emissions, weapons fire, convoy dispersal ... but they are not persistent so no use tagging them. The non-persistence of most things is very frustrating in ED.

I usually fly in to have a look. Temp tagging would be great when you have 2 or 3 already appearing and close. Complete one then do the other.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Falcon_D » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:26 pm

Nope.
The USS are pretty much RNG and are not persistent.
What I really wish is for FDev to revert back to the code which showed exactly what a USS was without us having to stop and scan them.
The USS stop and scan was supposed to be a new cool game mechanic. But it got really old really fast with the Engineers.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”