Community Support for the game and it's features
Alecz
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Alecz
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Un-engineered Python vs SLF

Postby Alecz » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:38 pm

Thanks for the detailed load-out, gives me an idea of some the the things to aim for.

However, I am certain that with engineering SLF's will be less of a problem because they can't have any modifications apart from the stock versions. So while engineering will make my ship better (G5 DD, shields, G5 lasers) the SLF's will stay the same.

It will be some time before I get that level of engineering and I still want to be able to destroy SLF's until I get there, not run from every Anaconda/FGS encounter.

Hopefully with the fixed turret bug, extra tips, and better planning (route on galaxy map) my Python won't be destroyed by a single SLF anymore.

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:27 pm

Yesterday i found myself in your situation.. in a Python running several retrieval missions from ceos to sothis, AKA interdiction galore.

I am Expert ranked and got interdicted by a dangerous ranked anaconda with SLF.

I just throttled full ahead and the SLF could not catch up with me thanks to DD5 thrusters. Both ships barely started to tease my first ring of shields before i was out of reach.

As for fighting them, i wouldn't have done it with that one given the punch of those few shots i got, but it's dead easy to run away with a bit of engineering.

Alecz
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Alecz

Postby Alecz » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:29 pm

It worries me that you could not fight the SLF even with a G5 engineered Python.

My build, reaches a top speed of just under 350 m/s with boost
With G5 DD, it would reach up to 450 m/s with boost, while G3 DD would give 417 m/s according to Coriolis.

The condor has these speeds:
Top Speed 316 to 327 m/s
Boost Speed 536 to 554 m/s

I would not call G5 DD "a bit of engineering" though, as unlocking Palin can take a while, but G3 DD will be my next upgrade as I already unlocked Felicity Fraser.

Also, I have no difficulties running away, but if I didn't want to fight I might as well just avoid the interdiction which is much better than submit > supercruise > submit > supercruise ad-nauseum.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:00 pm

It's pretty darn easy to win the interdiction 'mini-game'. If you fight the interdiction attempt and win, then the pirate ship will leave you alone.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:38 pm

I was not looking to fight, and was half playing, watching the tubes and browsing on amazon at the same time, i mean, typical Elite "gameplay" :)

just flying backwards for 10 seconds would have been enough to get rid of the SLF. It's the bufftan conda i was running away from.

And yes, Palin can take some time to unlock but it's pretty easy. just a bit long. Worth it with the remote workshop now.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”