Community Support for the game and it's features
Polynomial-C
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Polynomial-C
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Ship Overheating in Crime Sweep

Postby Polynomial-C » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:17 am

So I tried combat in a Crime Sweep today and immediately noticed my thermal load was spiking spontaneously, about 90%+, and frying my systems. Never had this issue in a RES, Combat Zone, or Nav Beacon. I made sure to turn off any unused modules prior to entering the Crime Sweep. I remember taking heat damage even when I wasn't firing or being fired on, and had weapons undeployed. Reallocating pips seemed to affect heat, but that's unconfirmed- I've always done this in past dogfights without an issue.

This overheating was more deadly than the bogeys I was facing. Any idea what's going on?

Here is the current loadout of my ship...

http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=A030,Ekh0 ... O022K04zM0

Thanks for any tips.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Ship Overheating in Crime Sweep

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:41 am

It might just be the location of the Crime Sweep. Some CZ's (crime sweep is the same thing as a CZ but for PP, for those that aren't aware) are located very close to stars and can cook your systems pretty fast. I recommending finding another Crime Sweep in that system and seeing how it goes.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Polynomial-C
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Polynomial-C
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Ship Overheating in Crime Sweep

Postby Polynomial-C » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Thanks for your insight, Commander. I thought it might be a matter of location causing the heat spikes, there being a purple star close by. There were no other sweeps in that system, but I tried combat elsewhere and everything was normal again.

<o

Return to “Gameplay and Features”