LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Vette help.

Postby LeDoyen » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:32 pm

there are just habits one runs into...
A class FSD... Bi-weave shields.. What else..

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:41 pm

*Al* wrote:He's right you know.. I'll do it tomorrow.

She dances now, any lighter and be doing backflips

Street brawler vs capoerista?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-pkMJHCoxM
LeDoyen wrote:there are just habits one runs into...
A class FSD... Bi-weave shields.. What else..

Fixed class 4 beam lasers, absolutely love them.
I laugh every time an NPC deploys chaff :D

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church

Postby Sevin Church » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:20 am

I like what Tor is throwing out there. I have a more than enough power to run a prism with my current build, and I currently use 2 7A SCBs. But it makes sense it's lightening the load, dancing instead of sheer tanking.

And it means the possibility of being a more effective killer. I've got tons of money, I might try it both ways and see. I'm looking for something different to keep me in the game.

Also you guys reminded me, I still have the military grade armor on with shields that currently don't drop, so there's always tweaking that can be done.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:42 am

Sevin Church wrote:I like what Tor is throwing out there. I have a more than enough power to run a prism with my current build, and I currently use 2 7A SCBs. But it makes sense it's lightening the load, dancing instead of sheer tanking.

And it means the possibility of being a more effective killer. I've got tons of money, I might try it both ways and see. I'm looking for something different to keep me in the game.

Also you guys reminded me, I still have the military grade armor on with shields that currently don't drop, so there's always tweaking that can be done.

Yep, if your shields are never going to come down lightweight is fine

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:42 am

*Al* wrote:
Sevin Church wrote:I like what Tor is throwing out there. I have a more than enough power to run a prism with my current build, and I currently use 2 7A SCBs. But it makes sense it's lightening the load, dancing instead of sheer tanking.

Yep, if your shields are never going to come down lightweight is fine

I took off the mil spec mostly for jump range.

reaching 19.7.

so builds we have the module storage now. No problem testing for your own opinion.
Also with prisms I was running weapons focused pds.
when switching back to bi-weave I also switched back to a recharge focused pds cause those bi-weave really suck your systems energy dry when they charge back up.

As for loadouts.
I use class 4 fixed beams with efficient 5 and thermal vent.
then mostly rapid fire gimballed multicannons. And another fixed beam SLF.

With the recharge focused and four pips to wep I can almost perms fire the beams.
And as we know. fixed lasers use 25% less energy and is a +25% damage stock.
Something really worth trying especielly now that every npc and their dog spam chaff.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Imo
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Imo

Postby Imo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:04 pm

I made a lot of tests with my Federal Corvette and the prismatic shield too. Using a reinforced upgrade stage 5, six heavy duty A0 shield boosters, one augmented A0 shield booster and one thermal resistance A0 shield booster gave it the longest survival time possible.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

The "VR" Wobble

Postby tinnitus » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:33 pm

Anyone experience "The Wobble" Menus in E:D VR today? Heck it can make you sea sick. I had to stop using Oculus Rift Debug Tool or not increasing SS above 1.0 made it go away not sure if that is a fix must be some other issue that I am missing.

UPDATE: Windows Temp file was the problem, strange things happen when the temp/tmp folder cannot be created where you assigned it via Environment Variables.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

VindicatorJones
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vindicator Jones

Postby VindicatorJones » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:41 am

If your interested in a reasonably good Prismatic Corvette build for PVE, You might want to check out my build...
Prismatics are awesome on the corvette. I have about 4500 mj in shields and roughly about 50% resistances to all types of attack.
https://youtu.be/M39tJt4pYkY

I forgot to add this one in, this one is showing the offensive capability, but this is an older build. The newer one fares a bit better.
https://youtu.be/szPjEN-3Kvs

Also you can watch me do something stupid in it, (hazrez with cargo) and see how long it can last in a defensive role.
https://youtu.be/0EQClPrkefw

Return to “Gameplay and Features”