Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Compact & Filament Composites

Postby Falcon_D » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:26 am

Hi guys,
Decided to do some chaff synthesis but am having problems finding the required materials. They seem to have been around since 2.1 but I don't believe I've ever come across these 2 materials.
Any idea where I can find Compact Composites and Filament Composites?
Checked Inara and the Wiki and both said that these could be found from Military ships or System authority ships or in USS. Tried a CZ, Res and USS but no luck.

Thanks.

o7MJ
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Mobediah Jones

Re: Compact & Filament Composites

Postby o7MJ » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:56 am

System Authority Ships should count towards the ones in a Res site Low-High, however you need to kill them not waiting until someone else does.
As for Military ships the Combat Zone should also count and again, you need to kill them not sitting around.

Besides that, it's either bugged as of now or you're unlucky with the RNG. I had similiar problems with Mechanical Scrap, took over 50 kills to get one drop at one point for heatsink ammo.

I'll take myself to a CZ and see if I can get a drop of these.

Good luck until then!

Update:

After 2 million bond from killing only big ships Federal Dropship to Corvette, I came across 0 Compact Composites & Filament.
And after 2 million bond from smaller ships Eagle to Vulture, same 0 Compact & Filament.

Inara states that Compact Composites can only be found in USS & Surface POI, I tend to agree this could be true.
Filament's still says it should drop by killing Authority & Military ships so, but it also mentions USS's.

We're either both very unlucky with the drops, or I'll say USS's are your best bet of finding these.

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Re: Compact & Filament Composites

Postby Falcon_D » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:58 am

Thanks for the reply.
Tried a few degraded ss and no luck so far. Will try some more tonight.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”