Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Assassination Missions requiring Planetary Scans

Postby Falcon_D » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:03 am

Hello all,

Need some help here.
I have taken some of these assassination missions which require me to scan a planetary comms array, usually in a high population, high security base. So, I go in, get a trespass warning, scan the comms array, and nothing happens. No instruction to the next target position. Then I usually get blown up by the defenders, end up back in my ship, and now I have a trespass fine. Tried these type of missions a few times and always the same result.

Tried doing an internet search and most of the results I get, show bug reports to FDev. Any help would be appreciated.

Think I'm going to junk these missions first, they seem to be coming up alot on the boards.

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Re: Assassination Missions requiring Planetary Scans

Postby charlie2alpha » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:16 am

Had the exact same thing happening yesterday. Went in there winged with a friend, he was suppressing the defenses while I was looking for the Comms Array. Eventually I found it, scanned it, nothing happened. Ended up abandoning the missions, IMHO they are bugged at the moment unless we understood something wrong.

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:28 am

I spent a good few hours and SRV's trying these the other day.

I believe there are several arrays you need to scan, up to about 5 to get the core array to open. As Falcon rightly said, once you go beyond the trespass fine the entire base opens fire on you making survival impossible.
I scouted the locations of as many of the beacons before starting. I even tried scanning them from within my ship but they do not respond so it is definitely an SRV only type mission.

Even with a wing they are still nigh on impossible so I too gave up in the end as I got no where.

Happy to hear if there is something I am doing wrong as the missions give Cracked Industrial Firmware which I really need.

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:12 am

Tried scanning the Core Data link the other day just in case that helped. No luck.

One thing I noticed though is that I didn't get a trespass fine or a wanted status. No info popped up saying that I received a fine. Since I kept getting blown up I just might have to check with the Broker in Augrel to see if I'd gotten fined.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”