Community Support for the game and it's features
damon8r351
Novice
Novice
CMDR: damon8r351
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Players Met

Postby damon8r351 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:37 pm

That tab on your Comms Panel, that shows all the other Commanders that you've run into, what's the range on that? How close does another player have to get to you before they show up on that list? Same system, next system over? Because all five people on there, I've never actually seen, and I'm pretty good with keeping an eye on my scanner for hollow symbols.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Re: Players Met

Postby Cometborne » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:45 pm

They have been in the same instance, but that does not guarantee they show up on your scanner. If you want a quick notification about other human players, hit ctrl-b in game (PC only). This will show the game bandwidth. While you are alone in an instance, almost no data flows, except for the update of the friends list every couple of minutes. Once another player is around, you will see steady traffic.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

damon8r351
Novice
Novice
CMDR: damon8r351

Postby damon8r351 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:58 pm

Cometborne wrote:They have been in the same instance, but that does not guarantee they show up on your scanner. If you want a quick notification about other human players, hit ctrl-b in game (PC only). This will show the game bandwidth. While you are alone in an instance, almost no data flows, except for the update of the friends list every couple of minutes. Once another player is around, you will see steady traffic.

So the range is the same system then?

Also, I'm on PS4, I don't get neat tricks like that.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:11 pm

If you are in SC, typically the same system. If you drop out, the nearspace area.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Return to “Gameplay and Features”