Community Support for the game and it's features
AJStoner
Competent
Competent
CMDR: A.J. Stoner
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Caro Transfer and Storage

Postby AJStoner » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:30 pm

I really like the module storage that's been added but is there a way to store cargo or transfer it between your ships. I have decided to bite the bullet and do some engineer stuff but having to travel these long distances with multiple ships is getting me down.
Aim to please; shoot to kill.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Caro Transfer and Storage

Postby Xebeth » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:38 pm

No basically, there is no way to transfer cargo with the exception (I think) that it will move to your new ship if you swap ships and have a enough cargo space in the new one (but I may be wrong there), if you don't have the space then you can swap. You can't store a ship that cargo in it.

That said, cargo is only needed for Engineer unlocks, none of the Engineers require any sort of cargo for actual modifications.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

AJStoner
Competent
Competent

Postby AJStoner » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:02 pm

"...cargo is only needed for Engineer unlocks, none of the Engineers require any sort of cargo for actual modifications."

Are you suer? I went to look at one of the engineers (the one who wants meta alloys) and I need "shielding sensors," and "worn shield emitters," et al. Where the hell do I even get stuff like that and what if I want to mod a ship (like my Vulture) that has almost no capasity? I am confused.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:21 pm

AJStoner wrote:"...cargo is only needed for Engineer unlocks, none of the Engineers require any sort of cargo for actual modifications."

Are you suer? I went to look at one of the engineers (the one who wants meta alloys) and I need "shielding sensors," and "worn shield emitters," et al. Where the hell do I even get stuff like that and what if I want to mod a ship (like my Vulture) that has almost no capasity? I am confused.

Yep, I'm sure. Things like 'Shielding Sensors', etc are materials (or possibly components can't remember at the moment) not cargo. Materials take up no cargo space and are stored separately in some sort of magical material storage (if you go to your ships inventory tab you'll see you have Cargo, Materials, and Data).

Materials come from destroying NPC ships and are given as mission rewards.

See https://inara.cz/galaxy-components/ for the full list and where to get them.

EDIT: Things like metals (e.g. Iron), and chemicals come from surface prospecting in your SRV, data comes from scanning NPC ships.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

AJStoner
Competent
Competent

Postby AJStoner » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:48 am

Ghads, I have to do freaking surface prospectng? Ugh... I HATE this system.

Greylock3491
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greylock3491

Postby Greylock3491 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:46 pm

AJStoner wrote:Ghads, I have to do freaking surface prospectng? Ugh... I HATE this system.

You can get the materials as rewards, from surface prospecting, or from mining.

However, for some engineering you'll need things other than materials, and these can take awhile or be a grind to get (firmware, wake scans, etc)

Return to “Gameplay and Features”