Community Support for the game and it's features
tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Update 2.3.10

Postby tinnitus » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:43 pm

For the most part, this has been my morning after installing the update.

failed-server.PNG
failed-server.PNG (10.9 KiB) Viewed 2590 times

Have manage to do a couple mission then when near or exiting the station (slot) the above message appears. May be my end but no problems for months will create a Support Ticket.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

cyberbofh
Competent
Competent
CMDR: cyberbofh

Re: Update 2.3.10

Postby cyberbofh » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:55 am

Hi CMDR,

I am sorry to hear that..
but.. maybe it was related to this?

Game Server Problems! - June 26 - 18:24 UTC

Hope you made it back in the cold dark space of Elite:Dangerous
--

Fly safely CMDR! o7

Discord Mod
Forum Mod

Remember Wheaton's law

ImageImage

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:50 am

cyberbofh wrote:Hi CMDR,

I am sorry to hear that..
but.. maybe it was related to this?

Game Server Problems! - June 26 - 18:24 UTC

Hope you made it back in the cold dark space of Elite:Dangerous

Update: It is still occurring connection during payment request and dumped to the Desktop. Oh well will try tomorrow just going to go fly.

All better now, I hope. Thanks. Received instructions to take down walls, flush the cache, reset windows socks, did not know windows was wearing socks, size 10 I think. Anyway assume that was for connection errors submitting missions not sure why being dumped to the desktop near the mail-slot occurred but so far no other issues.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:38 am

Any chance of posting those full guidelines in case anyone else has the same?
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:39 pm

de Carabas wrote:Any chance of posting those full guidelines in case anyone else has the same?

I'm adding this here; if you have your network connection set to NOT automatically obtain IP address then you have to input the IP address manually or set the Automatic Obtain option as my connection was not active after the flush and reboot. The ISP Modem/Router Firewall cannot be disabled but one can select a lower security setting.

In part from Frontier Support;

Firstly can you take down all firewalls including any router firewalls you may have (this includes filters and proxies on the router), specifically DDoS protection features that can filter pings and try again.

Then can you try restarting your network stacks if you haven't already:

Open a command prompt with admin privileges, type following commands as follows & press enter, don't reboot until all 3 are done.

1.ipconfig /flushdns

2.netsh winsock reset

3.netsh int ip reset c:\ipreset.txt
Last edited by tinnitus on Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image]

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:05 pm

Good stuff. I hope I never need to use them but better have them and not need them....
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:21 pm

tinnitus wrote:
de Carabas wrote:Any chance of posting those full guidelines in case anyone else has the same?

I'm adding this here; if you have your network connection set to NOT automatically obtain IP address then you have to input the IP address manually or set the Automatic Obtain option as my connection was not active after the flush and reboot. The ISP Modem/Router Firewall we have cannot be disabled but one can select a lower security setting.

In part from Frontier Support;

Firstly can you take down all firewalls including any router firewalls you may have (this includes filters and proxies on the router), specifically DDoS protection features that can filter pings and try again.

Then can you try restarting your network stacks if you haven't already:

Open a command prompt with admin privileges, type following commands as follows & press enter, don't reboot until all 3 are done.

1.ipconfig /flushdns

2.netsh winsock reset

3.netsh int ip reset c:\ipreset.txt
Image]

Return to “Gameplay and Features”