Community Support for the game and it's features
Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Am I crazy?

Postby Orochimaru » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:08 am

TorTorden wrote:I would see myself trying something like this for t6.

https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/type_6_ ... A%3D%3D%3D

But I might actually take a second look at the keelback as well.
Basically what you want are mining lasers, refinery, a prospectors limpet controller, and as many collector limpets you can get without sacrificing too much cargo.

Then it's a matter of finding pristine metallic rings for the good stuff.
Here's a site that does it for you.

http://edtools.ddns.net/

Roger that CMDR o7
Thanks for the information.
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

Pam Demonium
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Pam Demonium

Postby Pam Demonium » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:44 pm

TorTorden wrote:I would see myself trying something like this for t6.

https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/type_6_ ... A%3D%3D%3D

But I might actually take a second look at the keelback as well.

Excellent T6 Build. Leave the keelback for cargo runners, the T6 is the better miner.

Orochimaru wrote:I will give mining a try. Can you share some n00b guide to mining?

Get into an AspX as soon as possible. 96 cargo is about an hour to hour and a half flight time.
Mainly 2 medium mining lasers, 4 mine racks (now your pod racing). Mine jumps 46ly, it goes nowhere fast.

Do only Pristine rings, metallic. Of all the out of game dodads I have, I use this one a lot.
http://edtools.ddns.net/

Make darn sure you can jump to a station and sell, while your hold is full. When I first went to Colonia, I lost me donkey selling painite dirt cheap because my ship would not jump to where the money was.

Go to the lightest colored inner ring, dive into it where the light color begins, and travel towards the planet.
You will get disoriented while mining, but will not do the same roid again.

Use your laser sight to launch prospector limpets, and be less than a km away. You go faster than they do. Ive over taken them before. Carry 5 less limpets than you have cargo. In the AspX that will last you about an hour. Shoot them prospectors out as so as one lands, fire the next one out. The 3A module give you 2 limpets, I have one in motion constantly, until I strike painite.

This is what I look for:
Painite: Any percentage. It all adds up.
Platinum: above 15%
Palladium: only when it is with painite or platinum.

Stay away from the pirate gathering areas, until you like to use your mine racks. I have found riches in every part of the rings. Stay in the light of the star. I blew out my windscreen and had to land with 2 minutes of air left. No HUD either. Fun times :cry:

Opps late for work, will continue at a later time

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Pam Demonium wrote:
Orochimaru wrote:The ASP Explorer is on my go to list. I do not fancy mining, but will do exploration with it.

I use the AspX as a miner, and a DBX for exploration. I flew both to Colonia, The DBX was better for my style of exploration gathering.
The difference is the DBX is a surgeon's scalpel, and the AspX is a battle ax.

TorTorden wrote:That's funny.
You won't do mining but exploration.
Mining is ten times as action filled and thirty times as profitable.

**snip**

No it is not sexy, but its a fun, easy way to make creds. If I want sexy, Ill hire an Orion Slave Girl.

Orion Slave Girl..? you can still get these... why have I not been informed..?????

If it's anything to do with the other monkey incident... I have a signed statement from Kharma that I was with him at the time this occurred!!

*cough* :oops:

o7 Dawg

'ere..Kharma... sign this... ;)
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:24 pm

Orochimaru wrote:
*Al* wrote:Agree with Tor

Might be, but I have to try it, just to say it's boring because I know it's boring. Not saying you guys are wrong, just have to give it a try.

Also, you have Star Trek a series about exploration not Star Mining, a series about miners discussing minerals, stones and drill bits. Mining is not sexy.

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

Understand you have to try it for yourself but be warned....(and......there's no one to kill (although you will wish you had died))

Star Trek.......nope that does not work I am afraid. We cannot land on planets that would allow us 'to seek out....
By all means go were no one has gone before (and there is a good reason for that). And see if you enjoy it.

Oh cynical me...

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Dudley wrote:Orion Slave Girl..? you can still get these... why have I not been informed..?????

If it's anything to do with the other monkey incident... I have a signed statement from Kharma that I was with him at the time this occurred!!

*cough* :oops:

o7 Dawg

'ere..Kharma... sign this... ;)

Yes you were with me........

Shame your fecking crack head monkey who YOU gave the battle weapon to was not......

Ya fooking fish stinking dimlow......

Oh and Exploring........Nah.....

You have to be a certain type of person with an overwhelming interest in space......

Or.......

A huge vat of alcohol next to you....Which is next to the mountain of drugs.......

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Pam Demonium
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Pam Demonium

Postby Pam Demonium » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:16 am

Dudley wrote:Orion Slave Girl..? you can still get these... why have I not been informed..?????

I think its in the imperial handbook, you need a clipper, yada, yada, yada.....

Sinvious
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Sinvious
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Sinvious » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:25 am

Orochimaru wrote:Hello CMDRs

I am flying a Type 6 for cargo runs, to gain REP and win some cash.
It's a good entry point cargo hauler, but it's sure no fighter. So I have configured my T6 to a "get-out-of-Dodge-fast!" configuration. If I stay behind and try to fight, I will be dead for sure.

In summary I added: the biggest cargo bays, improved armor and shields (added a Shield Cell Bank), added a Point Defense Turret, better thrusters and FSD. Absolutely no weapons.

I am (too) crazy?

if you ever need backup let me know I don't mind running interference for fellow pilots :)

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:10 am

Sinvious wrote:
Orochimaru wrote:Hello CMDRs

I am flying a Type 6 for cargo runs, to gain REP and win some cash.
It's a good entry point cargo hauler, but it's sure no fighter. So I have configured my T6 to a "get-out-of-Dodge-fast!" configuration. If I stay behind and try to fight, I will be dead for sure.

In summary I added: the biggest cargo bays, improved armor and shields (added a Shield Cell Bank), added a Point Defense Turret, better thrusters and FSD. Absolutely no weapons.

I am (too) crazy?

if you ever need backup let me know I don't mind running interference for fellow pilots :)

Thanks CMDR o7
Will add you as friend.

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

Return to “Gameplay and Features”