Zofar
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Zofar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

cant connect to mobius

Postby Zofar » Sat May 20, 2017 3:17 pm

Hello,

I just join mobius and i am a pc player.

When i add mobius or mobius pve, the game gives me the mention Cancel request in front of Mobius and nothing else happens. I cant join the private group and can only go to Open play. What am i doing wrong ?

Thanks !

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: cant connect to mobius

Postby JohnLuke » Sat May 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Zofar wrote:Hello,

I just join mobius and i am a pc player.

When i add mobius or mobius pve, the game gives me the mention Cancel request in front of Mobius and nothing else happens. I cant join the private group and can only go to Open play. What am i doing wrong ?

Thanks !

Sorry you're having trouble. When did you submit your request to join Mobius? It takes a few days to process join requests on our end.

You mentioned that you added Mobius and Mobius PvE. Each person is only allowed to join ONE group. Mobius is for EU time zones, and Mobius PvE is for the Americas. We also have MOBIUS ASIAPACIFIC group for folks in that area. Pick one, and cancel any requests that you may have submitted for any other group.

Besides sending an in-game join request, each new member is asked to submit this registration form.

Once you've submitted the form and selected one private group to join, your request will be processed as soon as possible. Just be aware that it could take a few days.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:00 am

Hi JohnLuke (or any Mod/Admin)

Just out of curiosity; why is an online registration form required as part of the application to join a Mobius group? It seems an unnecessary step to me. On the PS4 version, to join MobiusPVE a prospective member has to fill in the form and send a friend request to the group admin before they can even apply for the in-game group itself. I have noticed, particularly with the PS4 that the applicants get a little frustrated by having what should be a simple task be made more convoluted. Can we not dispense with the application form? I can understand its use for somebody wishing to transfer from one server to another, but not for initial membership.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:50 am

The private group option leads to a new list of private groups.
I have nearly 10-12 or so of them in there from meeting people across multiple timezone groups.

In short to play, say the group name is "mobius" click start -> private groups -> Mobius.
The groups and friends section in the start menu is only to manage groups and friends not to actually start the.
Albeit if you haven't been accepted this list might just be empty.
In which case there is only one thing to do.
To have a beverage, read some forums or play in solo, the invite\acceptance will come as soon as the admins are able.

Granted this is on pc, but I don't see how it should be that much different on ps4, or xbx.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:32 am

Myrm wrote:Hi JohnLuke (or any Mod/Admin)

Just out of curiosity; why is an online registration form required as part of the application to join a Mobius group? It seems an unnecessary step to me. On the PS4 version, to join MobiusPVE a prospective member has to fill in the form and send a friend request to the group admin before they can even apply for the in-game group itself. I have noticed, particularly with the PS4 that the applicants get a little frustrated by having what should be a simple task be made more convoluted. Can we not dispense with the application form? I can understand its use for somebody wishing to transfer from one server to another, but not for initial membership.

The admins (of which I'm not one, just to be clear) want to have a log withcommander names that link RL names and chosen Mobius PG's for each user. That's the biggest reason behind the registration form (AFAIK). If someone is being an asshat in one of the PG's (or on our FB group), they can be removed from the PG, our message board, and FB group if we know the correlation between commander name/PG/RL name. Make sense?

The PS4 process is dictated by PS4. Believe me, the admin does not want it to be a two step process any more than the players do. :roll:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:36 pm

JohnLuke wrote:

The admins (of which I'm not one, just to be clear) want to have a log withcommander names that link RL names and chosen Mobius PG's for each user. That's the biggest reason behind the registration form (AFAIK). If someone is being an asshat in one of the PG's (or on our FB group), they can be removed from the PG, our message board, and FB group if we know the correlation between commander name/PG/RL name. Make sense?

The PS4 process is dictated by PS4. Believe me, the admin does not want it to be a two step process any more than the players do. :roll:

Oy........

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:02 pm

JohnLuke wrote:

This, and also it ensures that a) people have at the very least been pointed to the policy page when applying (lots of members never come to this forum), and b) it helps avoids the situation where people see the group name somewhere, apply to the group, and then never use it but take up a slot that could be used by someone who really wants to join (it doesn't stop it completely, but it's amazing how many people are put off by one additional step if they are not really serious).
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:19 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:
Oy........

:D

I wasn't referring to the cute and cuddly A-Team kind of asshats of course ;) ..... I was talking about the griefer morons. :x (but you knew that anyway)

Xebeth wrote:This, and also it ensures that a) people have at the very least been pointed to the policy page when applying (lots of members never come to this forum), and b) it helps avoids the situation where people see the group name somewhere, apply to the group, and then never use it but take up a slot that could be used by someone who really wants to join (it doesn't stop it completely, but it's amazing how many people are put off by one additional step if they are not really serious).

Yup, yup. Valid points.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:10 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
I wasn't referring to the cute and cuddly A-Team kind of asshats of course ;) ..... I was talking about the griefer morons. :x (but you knew that anyway)

LOL JL, never ever get into my gunsights if I am flying Splitter. It won't be the guns that hurt ya.

Cuddly my ass....
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Splitter? The only splitters I know are the ones that call themselves, The Judean People's Front.

SPLITTER!!!

Return to “Gameplay and Features”